• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Using High-level input? Cons?

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am planning on powering my subwoofer setup from the starting battery of my boat having everything stored under the seat in the storage compartment. One of the polk speakers is installed in the same storage area so Im wondering If it is possible to just run the amp off that single speaker using the high level leads or if it would be best just to run RCA cables over to the amp.

Also is there any cons to using high level inputs?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have dedicated sub out RCAs on my head unit and can control sub volume, frequencies, etc. Don't know if yours has that but I couldn't give up that control and just have all frequencies sent to the sub and have no control over the sub mix/volume. I'm sure there is an audiophile reason why one would sound better than the other but likely not a huge audible difference.

Just Phishing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am using High level inputs on newer kicker amps it is nice clear crisp with zero noise. If you read the instructions it is the preferred input source due to the way most head units condense the RCA output. Also helps with noise on the low level RCAs that can pick up a lot of interference.

What is the Kicker F.I.T. input circuit and why is it better?

Most would say that RCA's are better and a few years ago I would have agreed. But if the manufacture says otherwise that's good enough for me.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am using High level inputs on newer kicker amps it is nice clear crisp with zero noise. If you read the instructions it is the preferred input source due to the way most head units condense the RCA output. Also helps with noise on the low level RCAs that can pick up a lot of interference.

What is the Kicker F.I.T. input circuit and why is it better?

Most would say that RCA's are better and a few years ago I would have agreed. But if the manufacture says otherwise that's good enough for me.
For some head units with some amps what kicker is pushing might be true. When dealing with quality class d amps and dirty headunits it is just not true. Subs are low bandwidth so won’t make a ton of difference either way as long as the crossover can be set and work right and the rms output of the headunit speaker level is both less than the max input voltage of the amp/loc and not missing subwoofer frequency ranges.