• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Using the reverse on my yamaha boat AR 210

Felix Montanez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please professional boaters need your advices.
I have a new Yamaha 2019 AR 210 having problem with a broken Nozzler Deflector. The dealer insisted that I hit the boat and broke it. I know that this is not true because I am the only one who drive the boat and I know from heart That I didn't hit anything. I have to pay from my pocket $$$$ to fix it.
Today I was running my boat daylong and when use the reverse broke again. Please advices

Have you added any steering enhancements?

If so, I suspect the bottom bolt has fallen out, due to lack of enough locktite.

it’s a common enough problem. If that’s what happening, the bottom bolt on the nozzle deflector (bucket) falls out - then at some point during the day you use reverse - the pressure in the bucket pushes the bottom of the bucket back and up thereby snapping the bolt hole off at the top. Once that happens, you’re hosed until you replace the whole bucket.

If that’s not what happened, then no - it’s not a common problem. Not sure what the issue could be.

The only thought I have is that unless you have done a mod (with a possible problem as @BigAbe75 postulates) or hit something, this shouldn’t happen and is a likely indication of a factory defect.

Is there any impact damage? Why did the dealer claim you hit something? Did he provide evidence of such?

Sorry I can’t be more help. Good luck.

If so, I suspect the bottom bolt has fallen out, due to lack of enough locktite.

it’s a common enough problem. If that’s what happening, the bottom bolt on the nozzle deflector (bucket) falls out - then at some point during the day you use reverse - the pressure in the bucket pushes the bottom of the bucket back and up thereby snapping the bolt hole off at the top. Once that happens, you’re hosed until you replace the whole bucket.

If that’s not what happened, then no - it’s not a common problem. Not sure what the issue could be.

Just wondering which steering enhancement has this common problem?

Just wondering which steering enhancement has this common problem?
To clarify - not a problem with the steering enhancement. It CAN be a problem with the DIY installation. Some of the older style Cobra fins used that bolt, and I believe the JBP lateral thrusters also use that bolt. Im not sure about the other JBP products.

I just recently installed the Cobra Jet fins and it made me question my installation. Thought I used the instructed amount of locktite....:)

Last edited:

What is this (Have you added any steering enhancements?)

This is my second time that I have to replace this part. 1584393806895.png

thank you that was exacly the problem. I did not use locktite

Back