• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Utopia Fuel Gauge

Jrfiero

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a new-to-me 2007 Utopia 205 SE, twin Rotax. The fuel gauge doesn't work and I haven't yet done any troubleshooting.
But, there are two fuel pump assemblies in the tank with similar wires, not all connected. Does anyone know if each fuel pump assembly has a sending unit? In other words, can I just switch the wires to the other pump assembly to see it that works?
I'd just go do it, but the boat is in the shop (where it's been mostly since I bought it) so I can't try it right now. The wiring diagram I bought is also with the boat. Getting ready for when it comes back.

Thanks,
Jonas

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
what do you mean by "not all connected?"

according to the fiche, each pump has it's own sensor unit attached. according to the PWC 4-Tec wiring diagram (one unit), the signal is routed through the ECM/ECU before being displayed on the gauge. though it seems overkill to have two, I would assume the two signals are averaged before going to the dash. however, depending on the programming, I wonder if one failing causes a total failure? ...though that would seem to defeat the benefit of having two in the first place.