• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Venison tenderloins

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have any suggestions around grilling / smoking venison? We know more hunters than I can count and I often get offered meat as payment for favors. In the past I've usually just went the route of making sausage or jerky, but I'm interested in a better way. My first attempt will be marinade, wrap in bacon, and smoke at 225 until internal temp reaches 145*.

image.jpeg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are having venison tenderloin for my Father's Birthday today.

I have never found a method that I like to smoke or grill venison but I know many do. We age the tenderloin in a refrigerator for 10 days then freeze it whole or in halves. We pull it out of the freezer the day before eating to allow it to thaw. Before cooking we slice perhaps 1/4 to 3/8 thick and soak in a mixture of milk and mustard. Then it is battered and fried. It is very tender and everyone enjoys it.

We make burger from the rest of the deer and enjoy it in tacos, spaghetti, chili, etc. Some friends make wonderful summer sausage from it.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have also heard good things about frying it. I'll have to try that! Thanks for the reply @Bruce!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am in the same boat. I will be eagerly watching this thread.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Slightly off subject, but I also split some jalapeños, roasted them at 180 for an hour, then stuffed them with cream cheese, shredded Colby jack, garlic, bacon, and shallots. Wrapped them in bacon and grilled at 350 for 30 minutes.

They're awesome!

image.jpeg

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a deer hunter and eat 3-4 deer a year. I think it's good fried or grilled. Fried with flour and Cavenders or on the grill with salt and Cavenders.