• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VHF antenna interference

Patrollin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've been searching the threads and cant find much on how much interference the aluminum tower on an FSH will interfere with a 4' fiberglass VHF antenna. I dont want to mount on the top of tower and will need to mount on the side of the center console body.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You'll be just fine unless you are an offshore (wayyyyy offshore) boater. If you are, then the more height, the better.

Patrollin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
it wont interfere I have a 4' mounted on the aft center portion of the t-top. It folds forward when not in use and trailering. Antennas are routinely mounted on metal mast on many types of boats.