• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Video of my first year on the Hudson River

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome video......Makes me realize how much I love my Yammy! Would/should be a Yamaha promo video :thumbsup: :)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just had the coldest weekend of the year so far here in NY…So I was thinking warm thoughts and put together a little video:
That is an awesome video!
Thanks for posting.

We love the Hudson, too!
1642478234023.jpeg

From West Point (Military Academy)
1642478393085.jpeg

All the way down
1642478700970.jpeg
1642478743031.jpeg
1642478814967.jpeg
--

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is an awesome video!
Thanks for posting.

We love the Hudson, too!
View attachment 169796

From West Point (Military Academy)
View attachment 169798

All the way down
View attachment 169799
View attachment 169800
View attachment 169801
--
Bear mountain bridge is as far north as I’ve gone, and the GW is the furthest south…Definitely going to be exploring a bit more this year with West Point/Bannerman’s Castle and the Statue of Liberty on the list for sure. Do you know what your range is on a full tank of gas, at cruising speed?

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Very nice! Makes me miss the warm weather so much! It’s seems like a lifetime ago that I was in the water even though it was just a few months ago! Great video!

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What is the pad used for the puppers ingress/egress?

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the pad used for the puppers ingress/egress?
It’s home made: rubber anti fatigue mat with a bunch of pool noodles zip tied to the bottom, and tied to the boat with some rope. My dog figured it out immediately, and the best part is he knows not to jump off the boat unless the mat is out.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great video! Thanks for sharing with us. :winkingthumbsup"

It’s home made: rubber anti fatigue mat with a bunch of pool noodles zip tied to the bottom, and tied to the boat with some rope. My dog figured it out immediately, and the best part is he knows not to jump off the boat unless the mat is out.
This is neat, never saw one of these before. Definitely will keep it in mind.

Jim

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know what your range is on a full tank of gas, at cruising speed?
Depends very much on the conditions and how you drive the boat. 100-120 miles is possible, but whenever I push it I carry fuel.
A couple of years ago we took the boat all the way to Lake Powell. It is a big lake. We were making >120 mile runs into the middle of the lake, running from Arizona into Utah, exploring various remote canyons and the San Juan arm. Carried eight 5gal jugs with me and we would use them all on at least one occasion. I posted it here somewhere, it was an epic trip.

--

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depends very much on the conditions and how you drive the boat. 100-120 miles is possible, but whenever I push it I carry fuel.
A couple of years ago we took the boat all the way to Lake Powell. It is a big lake. We were making >120 mile runs into the middle of the lake, running from Arizona into Utah, exploring various remote canyons and the San Juan arm. Carried eight 5gal jugs with me and we would use them all on at least one occasion. I posted it here somewhere, it was an epic trip.

--
Awesome. Thank you very much for this…You essentially doubled your fuel capacity with 8 x 5gal cans! Do you use a pump to transfer from the portable tanks to the main tank, or just hang over the side and pour them in? I was thinking about doing something like this to keep my tank topped off instead of going to the fuel dock constantly.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
8-5 gallon gas cans! Wow.... where did you keep them?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
8-5 gallon gas cans! Wow.... where did you keep them?
Yessir. Pretty easy - 40 gal in 5 gal cans. I find those 5 gal jugs to be just about perfect size, not too heavy to carry around and hold them up to refuel on the water.
1642653702810.png
At least 6 in the ski locker, lined with a piece of a memory foam mattress, another one on top to hold them in place.
Wet storage compartments in the stern of all new 240/242 boats each can fit 1 or 2 - 5 gal cans.

I would use only the non-EPA spouts, very important. Also - check for leaks, if leaky the can neck /opening rim can be filed/smoothed out with fine sandpaper which usually solves the problem.

--

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice video. Makes me want to get a drone.
I watched the Peru video too. We went in 2018 (Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu). I really wanted to make it to Lake Titicaca but didn't have the time. Where were those sand dunes?

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice video. Makes me want to get a drone.
I watched the Peru video too. We went in 2018 (Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu). I really wanted to make it to Lake Titicaca but didn't have the time. Where were those sand dunes?
Thanks! I was hesitant to spend the money on a drone for a while since I didn’t know how much I would really use it. Decided to buy one right before going to Iceland…No regrets, I use it all the time now. Relative to boat ownership, drones are super cheap.
I didn’t make it to Lake Titicaca either. The mountain lake in my Peru video is Humantay Lake, which is at roughly 14,000 feet above sea level…Due to the altitude, this was by far the most difficult hike my wife and I have ever done. We barely made it to the lake, but totally worth the views. A lot of people at the base camp didn’t make it to the lake due to altitude sickness.
FF18B1BE-C6D6-4133-A878-9575BBA34CDF.jpeg
The sand dunes were around a tiny desert oasis town called Huacachina. The sand dunes were under 1,000 feet tall, but let me tell you that hike sucked because for every 10 steps you took it seemed like you only took 1 since it’s steep and the sand is super loose. Took hours to get to the top, and less than 10 min to go down lol.
A37ACB15-66E0-46AE-B6A0-6C53557E0174.jpeg

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I never thought of using the ski locker! Now I know how you did it:):thumbsup:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
nice vid, is that the new tappan zee bridge? last I was there its still under construction.

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
nice vid, is that the new tappan zee bridge? last I was there its still under construction.
Thank you. Yes. It’s actually 2 bridges now, that have a bike/walking path with a bunch of seating/viewpoints along the way.