• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Videos

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I attempted to take some video of our outing Sunday and wanted to edit them and what-not. I guess I need some editing software, but I don't want to pay for it, and it would have to be super easy for me to use, not that I'm a complete idiot, I just don't want to spend hours doing it.
Here are a couple unedited videos, I used my Sony Handycam on a mount that I normally use for my phone.
My short trip from the house to the ramp.

Going to Bayou Joe's for some pie...Yes the bridge is very close! Had about 8" clearance.

Leaving Bayou Joe's, notice the little boat after the bridge, it had a 90 on it!

Finally a couple Loopy Loos, as my 7 year old calls them, as we head back into the marina, disregard the fiasco at the dock, I realized he had the dock line he was going to wrap around the cleat was wrapped around him. I don't know if it is common or not but notice the dock has old fire hose bolted to the sides? Best recycling idea ever.

In the end I realize I would really like to have a GoPro, and if I use this camera again I will turn the mount around so it is tighter and not shake so much, I have other footage but I need to cut some out of it or speed it up in places.

Video 2 drifting a little hard to the right under the bridge aren't ya? Lol I'm sure the fellow you docked behind had to have the bridge raised

@Wayloncle what is the format or output of a sony handycam ? The gopro software is very easy to use and reads in MP4, JPG and .MOV formats. If you'd like to learn something a bit more powerful and complex send me your email in a PM.

I dont know if you have watched my videos, but they are all done with Windows Movie Maker. Its a free download on Microsoft's website. My footage is taken with a gopro, and I may give their editing software a shot during the off season. Be forewarned.....editing takes time. I average about and hour of editing per minute of video.

Video 2 drifting a little hard to the right under the bridge aren't ya? Lol I'm sure the fellow you docked behind had to have the bridge raised
They raised it twice while Jackson and I was there to let sail boats through.

Back