• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vinyl repair kit?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
anyone have to repair the vinyl on their seats, and if so what kind of kit did you use. Thanks in advance.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the 3M kit and it worked for a year in a high wear area, but the area split again and need another repair...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think @buckbuck found something that worked well, it was "shoe-goo" or something like that?

--

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How bad is it?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tear-aid (I.e., thick/Clear tape) is available if the tear is 1 to 1.5 inches long. There are two types, one for vinyl and another for cloth. Precut packages are about $10 each.
image.jpg

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn’t say it’s really bad it’s just annoying to see.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I order a repair kit off of amazon I will keep everybody posted in the repair.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many places are torn? I would try to find a local vinyl/upholstery shop and have the seat recovered. I had this done on a previous boat and it was a lot cheaper than I expected. I just dropped the cushions off and picked them up a few days later.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many places are torn? I would try to find a local vinyl/upholstery shop and have the seat recovered. I had this done on a previous boat and it was a lot cheaper than I expected. I just dropped the cushions off and picked them up a few days later.
How did it cost if you don’t mind me asking. The holes are very small one it the size of a cigarette and the other is smaller than that.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I paid $175 to get a large sundeck recovered. I unbolted it from the boat and took it to the upholstery shop. They removed the vinyl, replaced a portion of it (it was multiple colors and textures) and reattached the vinyl. You couldn't tell it had been done.

A few places I called just wanted to "patch it" but the guy I found specialized in auto interiors and convertible tops. I would look for someone like that.