• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Volumetric Flowrate of a jet boat

I just thought since a flyboard relies on that pressure they might have more knowledge of the actual output,

In simle math terms. Wouldnt the diameter of the impeller, the blade pitch and rpms define an approximate volume/displacement?
Not until you take into account that it is reduced to a different diameter nozzle thus increasing the pressure and velocity of the water.

Actually, it would be practically the same volume/displacement. The same amount of water is moved regardless of the nozzle diameter (after a certain insignificant loss for additional friction). Decreased diameter does increase pressure and velocity, but the volume remains the same.

That said, the calculation of the impeller effect would be non-trivial. The diameter of the impeller may not be constant (curved at tip) and the blade pitch may not be constant (increasing/decreasing with rotation or radius).

Thus we mash the throttle and hang on. :)

Actually, it would be practically the same volume/displacement. The same amount of water is moved regardless of the nozzle diameter (after a certain insignificant loss for additional friction). Decreased diameter does increase pressure and velocity, but the volume remains the same.

That said, the calculation of the impeller effect would be non-trivial. The diameter of the impeller may not be constant (curved at tip) and the blade pitch may not be constant (increasing/decreasing with rotation or radius).

Thus we mash the throttle and hang on. :)

You're right that the volume at impeller is the same at the nozzle! Don't know what i was thinking there. I do know that like you said, it's nearly impossible to calculate at the impeller!

Need a psi gauge at the nozzle to read pressure, then multiply (?) by the 82mm or whatever it is, to get a volume.

There is a way to tell. It involves measuring how far it takes for the top of the stream to fall to the bottom of the orfice. I have a book at work that has the equation. It's pretty simply math, but we need the measurement. And the diameter of the jet. Of course I need my book at work and since it's Saturday... Ha!

Getting the measurement would involve somehow getting a water supply to the jets while the boat is out of water.

Back