• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vortex 243 Service

Realstar243

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello everyone.
I have a 2016 VRX 243 with twin 250 Rotax engines. The dealer that sold the boat new (I purchased from that buyer) doesn't service these boats anymore and the only other service center in my area is not able to read the codes with their computer. I have PO300 and PO301 codes on both engines and the port engine won't run above 5k RPMs. Starboard runs fine even with the codes. Any advise on how to find a service center that will know how to repair these engines? I am in the coastal SC/NC area.
From other posts I can see that I should tell my current service to change all plugs to try to clear the codes? Any other suggestions?

Shawn Weatherly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do the service yourself for sure. Saves a crap load of currency. How many hours do you have on the engines? Here is the codes that you have. You will have to get either a dealer or get the candooo pro to reset the codes1FBCB65E-2934-47B9-80AB-13A482B90A1E.jpeg

Realstar243

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for these details. I will pass on to my fairly clueless service center. They didn't have the computer cable to be able to "communicate" with my boat and wouldn't move forward with my suggestion that they start with the plugs and go from there. They did order that cable so perhaps we are heading in the right direction. I would do it myself except that I am actually more clueless than my service center as far as engines and mechanics. Got to know one's strengths and weaknesses. Problem is that there are very limited service options in my area for this boat, so I need to help them help me. Looking forward to getting repaired and back out there! When it runs, it runs great!

Shawn Weatherly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for these details. I will pass on to my fairly clueless service center. They didn't have the computer cable to be able to "communicate" with my boat and wouldn't move forward with my suggestion that they start with the plugs and go from there. They did order that cable so perhaps we are heading in the right direction. I would do it myself except that I am actually more clueless than my service center as far as engines and mechanics. Got to know one's strengths and weaknesses. Problem is that there are very limited service options in my area for this boat, so I need to help them help me. Looking forward to getting repaired and back out there! When it runs, it runs great!
most service centers are clueless. My wife is part of a Facebook forum for our boats. We all help each other out since most dealers suck. Idk how far you are from Smittys marina in PA but they are great. Call them and ask for Danny. He has gone above and beyond for me. Let him know Shawn from CA sent you. If you have any questions just ask. Our boats are phenomenal but the support is horrible. Together we have the knowledge