• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vortex 243 VRX Issues but possibly including all with Medallion Instruments

ScruLess2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok, so I've had a 2016 Vortex 243 VRX for about a week and have been breaking it in.

First, the dealership told me to buy a Navionic+ card for the vessel I did but found out it already had one in it from Medallion. BUT it wasn't receiving GPS data. Without GPS data, your compass won't work, the Chartplotter won't work AND your 'Ski Mode' won't work. IMO, this should've been caught at the dealership before delivery. I mean you don't even need to drop the boat to check GPS signal.

Other issues, I've found that if you kill the engines with the Key, the engines don't want to start without cycling through on/off a few times and waiting for the Medallion Diagnostics to complete. This can be a safety issue. However, IF you shut off the engines using the push stop/start buttons, the engines will immediately start. I'm thinking there is a temp or timing thing when using the key. I will update when I find out.

Possible Upgrades that Chaparral might offer is an option for a built in VHF. We use our boat in the Gulf Coast and since they are selling them here and not on lakes, I'd assume they know people are heading offshore to the islands.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bet the key is turning the fuel pump on and off and the delay is an intentional timing delay to allow proper fuel availability.