• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

vortex / rotax engines wouldn't fire, then did. fault code 0300

alvin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thank you dean. I wil check it right away.
i hope it will fix the issue.

dandwms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you all for this post, especially Dean P. I spent 3 hours out on the river trying to figure why my motors wouldn't fire. They would both turn over but not fire. I found the U0300 codes as faults in Medallion but had no clue what it meant then found this post. Followed the instructions in the attachement and it fired. Amazing! Didn't have to pay for a tow! Quick question:

Does anyone know why the fault codes U0300 gets triggered in the first place?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Seems like the information gets erased from Medallion in certain condition such as cranking the engine with low voltage.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you all for this post, especially Dean P. I spent 3 hours out on the river trying to figure why my motors wouldn't fire. They would both turn over but not fire. I found the U0300 codes as faults in Medallion but had no clue what it meant then found this post. Followed the instructions in the attachement and it fired. Amazing! Didn't have to pay for a tow! Quick question:

Does anyone know why the fault codes U0300 gets triggered in the first place?
Keep those batteries fully charged. Crazy sh!t happens when they're not.

gulshome

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey all- Same code (U0300) on both engines, slightly different problem I think. I have an older Vortex 243VRX (2015), twin 200s. Pressing start gives nothing, no crank at all. Battery charger says it's charging, and has been plugged in all winter, but the voltage gauges fluctuate between 11-13v while just key on (again, not started, because they wont start! lol). I can't recall when I last replaced the batteries, could be 3 years now. My thought is I reset the battery charger and I'll give it 24 hours, if no good, I'll likely next replace the batteries. Any thoughts? Am I headed in the right direction at least? Appreciate any advice.
(edited for model)

gulshome

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good news, maybe! Batteries seem fine, and sitting there staring at it, button-push then no click happens when it's in throttle position at start...so I wiggled the throttle back and forth a bit, until I could feel neutral click and then tried to start, bingo. I suspect with the amount of rain and moisture we have that the neutral switch is sticking. Anyone have ideas on what I can potentially spray to protect it from moisture? WD-40 or silicone spray? Thank you!