• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wait for ‘21 Yammy 210 FSH or Jump on ‘19 Scarab 195 Open?

Sankypanky305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi jetboaters,

I’m technically new to the forum but I’ve been stalking y’all for a few weeks now 😉. I’ve learned so much from all of you and I’ve definitely decided to take the plunge on a center console jet boat. It would be my first boat, but I’ve got two kids and a wife so the jet boat fishing concept really appeals to us as it’s so versatile.

I’m literally pulling my hairs out trying to decide on which one to get, though. As I’ve read around the forum, the boat I really want is the Yammy 210 FSH and it is nowhere to be found in Florida. There are some 190s and 195s but the seating arrangement on those for cruising with the family is not ideal.

I was looking into the Scarab options and found a new 2019 Scarab 195 Open ID and thought that could be a good alternative. However, I’m seeing a lot of Scarabs available and hardly any Yammy’s so it got me thinking a bit.

I would really like a boat soon, but I don’t know whether it’d be worth it to just wait for the ‘21 Yamaha 210 FSH (and who knows when those would really be coming out with all the Covid issues) or whether the Scarabs are a good enough (or better) option to jump on now.

Any input would be get greatly appreciated! Can’t wait to join the family!

Sankypanky305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t mean for my first ever post on this forum to be as long as a novel, but I did want to follow up and explain what I like from each company and some concerns I have:

Overall I would prefer the Yamaha to the Scarab most importantly because of Yamaha’s proven reliability in their motors. Also the fact that the 210 has twin engines puts me more at ease if anything were to happen to one of them. I know Scarab uses the Rotax engine and they’re supposed to be pretty good as well, so who wins out here? Are Yamaha better by a landslide or is there barely a difference. I definitely don’t want the boat to be in the shop half the time.

I also prefer the overall layout in the Yamaha 210 FSH as it looks better thought out. But this is not a deal breaker. The layout of the Scarab would suit me just fine, but it does seem noticeably smaller ( I mean even more than the 2 foot difference in size).

I do like the Scarab’s helm and overall it looks very nice and sporty, while the Yamaha looks classier.I could go either way on this as well.

One big plus I like about the Scarab is the folding T-Top. The 210 FSH looks like much more of a hassle to bring down and store if needed. I am planning to leave the boat on the side of my house under a canopy and the Scarab might be better suited for that.

Anyway, those are my observations. If anyone has anything to add or clarify please do! Thanks in advance!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a reason you can’t buy a 21 Yamaha😃. And you can get aYamaha 19 because those owners went up to a 21. Wait and you will not kick yourself for years.

Sankypanky305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a reason you can’t buy a 21 Yamaha😃. And you can get aYamaha 19 because those owners went up to a 21. Wait and you will not kick yourself for years.
Thanks for the reply! Being stuck with a bad boat for years is definitely a fear of mine. I was even looking at the 190/195 FSH originally but the bow layout just doesn’t work for the family. They really want the lounging area as opposed to that elevated platform.

if I wanted to do the same as you mentioned others have done and buy a 190/195 and upgrade to a 210 down the road, how much, more or less, am I losing in depreciation on the Yamahas? I’d imagine the Scarabs depreciate much more.