• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

wake foiling ar240 no ballast needed

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is my new toy for the season, besides the new boat! Slingshot wake foiler.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is my new toy for the season, besides the new boat! Slingshot wake foiler.
Freaking brilliant!!!
Can you give more details?
What is the model/size/adult/youth/price etc.?
How do you start? What is your speed? Can one person wake surf and another slingshot- foil behind at the same time?

--

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it's called the slingshot wakefoiler. the set up comes with 2 length of masts. this is the short one. Going 9 to 11 mph. I've gotten a few rides on it. start like a wake surfer with heels on the board. but the kids are to light so the start kneeling and then stand. Lots of you tube videos of foiling boards. amazon prime $1600. you could have by the weekend.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would guess that you could foil one side of the wake while some one surfs the other side. That would be cool.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn that looks awesome. How am I going to talk the wife into this one.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it's called the slingshot wakefoiler. the set up comes with 2 length of masts. this is the short one. Going 9 to 11 mph. I've gotten a few rides on it. start like a wake surfer with heels on the board. but the kids are to light so the start kneeling and then stand. Lots of you tube videos of foiling boards. amazon prime $1600. you could have by the weekend.
Holy smokes - it really is $1,600.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For all you DIYers - watch this how-to-video and see how easy it is to put one of those boards together yourself ;)

--

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Freaking brilliant!!!
Can you give more details?
What is the model/size/adult/youth/price etc.?
How do you start? What is your speed? Can one person wake surf and another slingshot- foil behind at the same time?

--
Due to being a foiling fanatic (Due to America's Cup in past decade) can say pretty emphatically that you don't want to pull others, while foiling.
Foils are sharp wings, underwater that will both damage a person if hit, and will likely become damaged by hitting (anything).

Not necessarily a representative day (near the upper wind limits of 24kts), but it was just Tuesday.

Winner of the Louis Vuitton, gets to become the "Challenger" to the previous winner, USA ("Defender")

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we have a guy on our lake the has a foil chair he sits on and raises him about 3-5 feet out of the water, he does flips and such, it seems like a very smooth ride,

something like this,

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
we have a guy on our lake the has a foil chair he sits on and raises him about 3-5 feet out of the water, he does flips and such, it seems like a very smooth ride,

something like this,
I was going to say, it just looks like the Air Chair from 25+ years ago, but with a surfing platform, when I was 12 I thought it looked pretty cool, but even back then I think the price was pushing $1,000. In all my years on lakes, I've only seen ever seen one person on an Air Chair.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@giroux68 How difficult has it been to learn and ride using the wakefoiler? Maybe I should switch to the foil actually intended for behind the boat, or maybe I just have terrible balance... :(

I have been foiling behind the boat on ~60' line using a Liquid Force Fish foil and I have found it challenging. There was a steep learning curve, and there is little margin for error before a wipeout (and I like to think I have pretty good general board skills after 10 years on just about anything that will plane behind a boat or cable). The Fish foil is technically a beginner kiteboarding foil with a much longer mast, but otherwise I assumed the experience would be similar (and I believe the wakefoiler foil is also used on their kite foilboards).

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the short mast on it. I can't say I've ridden it a lot. 5 pulls at the tops. but getting up on it was easy getting it to fly in a stable manner, well...let's just say it's going to take a few more tries. but my qdaughter got it in 3 sessions to where that video is taken. The wing is full aft for stability. I'm hoping to get more time on it this weekend. I'll post more videos.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here is the latest video from today.
my daughter is standing and flying the wing. my son is kneeling on it and flying. I'm also getting my son to drive, hence more video of my girl. too hard to cideo drive and work the throttles. Good excuse for perfect pass !

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty dang cool...every time I watch your videos I think it would be cool to have one of those things. Then I think wait a second, it cost $600 more than the car my daughter drives!

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did find a sitem that sells a foil kit to attach one to a regular wakeboard. bit you have to cut a hole in it. that was 600. It would be way less stressful than drilling holes in the boat!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please do share!