• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Makers new Surf System

Holly cow. They discovered Trim tabs!

I like the idea of surfing behind the boat. It looks really cool & fun, but so far have avoided getting into it. Every thread regarding surfing involves throwing money at a problem. Boards, racks, ballast bags, pumps, switches, fat friends, wedges, tabs, gates, $150K boats. I think I will stick with wakeboarding, tubing and beer drinking and pretend surfing is just a fad that will quickly go away.

I tried sticking to wakeboarding once upon a time @mrmeaniemeateaterman ! ;)

Unfortunately, in my case, the out of pocket cost for physical therapy alone after insurance for my ACL reconstruction was worth 8 boat payment on a dedicated surf boat! Not to mention it took me 3 years to "almost" catch up to my wife and friend's surfing abilities (doh!) after I "retired" from wakeboarding...

The Wake Makers System is widely rumored to include a hefty royalty payment to Malibu to avoid patent issues...

certainly looks just like large trim tabs. I bet someone could get a set of trim tabs for much less money.

This go surf assist is also on the new MB boats. The had the test boat for sales about a month ago. It looks very similar to Mastercraft's gen 2 system.

Yeah that really does look just like trim tabs but with a short articulating section added. Hydraulic or electrically actuated trim tabs can be had for waaaaaaay less than the price of this setup, though, so I suspect there is a very hefty "surfing is cool" adder in the price!

I think I am going to start selling 'surfing coolness flags'. They will definitely enhance your ability to look cool while surfing. Plus, they are emblazoned with one of the premier websites dedicated to jet boats! Only $999.98. Hurry while they last!

This will not work on our boat. The jet wash is still the point that you have to overcome. How do I know.......testing on a 2015 that had trim tabs and I couldn't figure out the wave until I realized the tabs were set on. I asked if he could turn them off and BOOM!!!! the wave shape I was used to seeing produced by the Wake Wedge was magically there. I would love for someone to prove me wrong but that is an expensive gamble.

Now I do realize that the trim tab was trying to counter act the list and fighting what I was doing to the boat, and that you will use the other side, BUT the tab will also be pushing the boats butt out of the water more and this is not what we are after when surfing behind the Yamaha. We need to get the back of the boat as deep in the water as possible to get the jet wash under the water. For this reason I think the switch blade would be money more well spent, but still out of my price range.

I guess I can help a little on this one as I have trim tabs on my Jet boat but I only have 1 jet so I cant talk for boats with 2 Jets

I have a seadoo utopia and I put 750 in my surf side and 1000 on the center of the boat to surf. I did not buy tabs for surfing and any one who owns the old mercury seadoo jet boats will tell you how bad it is in chop with out a extended ride plate or tabs. I notice a big difference when I lower the tab on the opposite side of surf side and keep the tab on the surf side up. But like I said I dont have 2 Jets and jet wash is not the same one a 1 Jet.

What I am saying is don't go buy 3k for trim tabs that can be had for $500. Normal trim tabs will work almost or just as well.

You really think wake surfing is a fad? I mean, almost every boat they make now, is going towards wake surfing. also the forward prop i/o industry doesn't think it's just a "fad"

@ACRDSPORT14 - I don't think wake surfing is a fad, as much as it's a new watersport that's being made more available to the masses. Just the other week, I went to a wake clinic to work my wakeboarding skills with coaching from a pro rider. We had a 2016 Mastercraft NXT 20 that had about 1,800lbs of ballast in it, along with factory surf tabs. Wakeboarding was blast. After my session, they asked if I wanted to try wake surfing. Before doing it, I kind of shrugged it off, and thought wakeboarding was more fun. First pull, I was up and in the pocket. Let me tell you, it's a freakin' blast! Since then, I'm hooked. I asked the pro rider why everyone is hooked (before I tried it). He said the big wins are an endless wave, ease of use and just about anyone can do it (young/old, big/little). I don't see wakesurfing going anywhere.

@ACRDSPORT14 Maybe I should have used the "sarcastica" font for that fad statement? Or maybe a well placed smiley face so my verbal tone implying context and body language would be better delivered via textual communications on the interwebs?;)

Back