• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Plate/Shaper Build

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd call this "Project Should Have Bought A Wake Boat," except we love our boat and it's gone places a wake boat couldn't go. I just expected to do more wakeboarding and less surfing.

Currently roughing out a wake plate/booster/wedge on my 2022 AR250. I did a rough dry fit this morning and it all appears to fit. Still need to clean up edges and paint it. It looks more than a little sketchy at the moment.

I took inspiration for the general form (except the curve) from the Yamaha Wakebooster and size from the Gantlin Wake Wedge.

Materials so far have been:
48" long 6x6 angle aluminum
1/2" ID 18" long galvanized pipe
1/4" x 2" wire lock pin (2)
3/8" zinc nut and 2" long bolt
3/8" eye bolt and wing nut
Chain (I forget the exact size)
1/4" quick link (2)
1/4" black adhesive mat (for padding against the hull)

The bottom edge of the plate lines up with the top of the jet nozzle. Width is from the outer edge of the hull to qbout half way across the ladder.

The outer attachment point is the tow eye, and I made a tightening pin with 1/2" pipe and a 3/8" nut/bolt. Also added a gouple wire lock pins just in case.

Because of the length, I'm also securing it to the ladder bracket with chain and an eye bolt (I believe the Gantlin Wake Wedge also secures to the ladder bracket).

I'll be pairing this with a 575lb Straight Line ballast bag on the swim platform (50x20x12")

Could be a disaster. Who knows. I'm hoping it provides some water flow from the side of the boat as well as some jet wash deflection, but we'll see.

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Interesting solution. Please keep us posted and share some video. A wave can appear good but not have a lot of push so put someone a on a board while you take video. Hopefully this works well for you.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I spent a lot of time thinking about before modifying a wakebooster to fit my 2015. Eager to see how this turns out for you.