• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surfboard Review: A signature board from The Walker Project

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We all have different boards, waves, and abilities to ride them. I think it would be useful to right up a review to help others make purchasing decisions. I welcome others to post reviews of their boards too.
A friend of mine bought a boat that came with a bunch of bags and one of these surf boards. I believe it's the 4'10" model. He is looking to sell the board, two fill pumps, and 3 bags for $375. He was nice enough to let me try it out so I thought I would write a review.
http://www.thewalkerproject.com/inventory/wakesurf-boards/signature-model.html
http://www.thewalkerproject.com/inventory/wakesurf-boards/signature-model/4-5-signature-model-3.html

First off, this board is for an advanced rider, riding a big wave. I am a beginner at 6'1" 185lb, and don't have a gigantic wave behind my boat. These two items meant that I was not able to go ropeless beyond just staying in the pocket. While holding the rope I found this board to be very squirrelly. Comparing it to my hyperlite landlock it was more boyant and I found that the when pushing back on the board I could really carve it into the wave nicely, something my landlock doesn't do. I was able to carve to the top of the wake and then cruise back down to the back of the boat with ease. Comparing it to my IS squirt, I found it had very similar capabilities. The IS squirt is a 5' board, thinner, and less boyant. I felt that I could carve the wake just as well with the squirt.

Because this board performs similarly to my IS squirt I will likely pass on it. I don't need the bags and I don't think he is willing to split the package up right now. He may change his mind later. Here is the craiglist ad if someone thinks they must have this board. I'm guessing it sold for around $900 new.

http://rmn.craigslist.org/spo/4603143352.html

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So can you go ropelss with the IS squirt? That just seems strange, I bet if you took out the outside fins it would have been a little easier to go ropeless on? Sounds like a fast board.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can only go ropeless with the squirt for a dozen seconds or so. If I try to do anything fancy I loose the pocket. Just like my hyperlite landlock, the outside fins on the signature board are angled in which stabilizes and slows the board down at the same time.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll add that my ballast setup is stock 212x (about 600lb) plus a 750 bag on the swim deck shoved as far to the starboard side as possible (we are all goofy footers), and then I fill the front ski locker (350lb???). Depending on how many people in the boat, I will also add another 750lb bag in the passenger seating area or sometimes in the walkthrough to the front. With that last bag, my boat struggles to get on plain for wakeboarding, and I need to move people to the front in order to do it.