• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

wake surfing 212x

Upped the speed to about 11.5mph give or take, had two people sit in the bow, put the 250lb bag I had across the back seat to the floor on the port side and turned the wedge down 1.5 full turns. That made the wave better and we can surf the wave with the rope completely slack for quite a long time. My friend actually threw the rope in the boat was was ropeless for about 30 seconds.

The wave isn't as big as I'd like still though. No where as big as Bobbie's wave :-(. I guess I need more ballast in the right areas. We go out again this weekend and I'll fill the last 250lb bag.

Any suggestions on where I put 1 750lb bag, 2 250lb bags and 2 150lb fat bricks? Also do I fill the stock ballast or not?

You did too many changes.

Slow your speed back down to 10.7 or 11, remember the faster you go your wave height will suffer.

Now it is just a chess game, not one person on this board can get your wave dialed in to what YOU like, not even me. We can give you pointers and what we like but in the end it comes down to you and what you prefer. I actually think your first setup was a good one, you just had the wrong wedge angle. Maybe get rid of the 250 bag across the back on the first setup and put it in the locker.

Bobbie does have a great wave without the Wedge no doubt, BUT here is the key look how much farther back her pocket is with the exact same setup, for the most part, and the addition of the wake wedge.

What board are you using in this video? Good standard entry level surf?

What board are you using in this video? Good standard entry level surf?
That is @bobbie surfing and the board is a liquid force fish board, I don't remember the length. Maybe she will chime in and tell you, it was her board. It is a good starter board that you can grow and have fun on. Very forgiving and can recover from slight nose dives ( Pearling )

First time WS w our '16 212x and I just got the LF Fish, so far so good...looking into the wake wedgeIMG_3407.JPG

@InmyElement , looks to me like you need to seek out some hefty friends to populate your boat and sink it some more.

@JHC212X . The liquid force fish is a good beginner board but lately we've been putting new surfers on the ronix koal powertail. It's a easier start for newbies. A little more squirly but they can progress to ropeless easier.

Thanks for the info. Looking to get something soon.

I filled up my last 250lb bag. Stock ballast filled, 700lb on port rear seat, 250lb bag on floor port side, 250lb bag on rear seat, 300lb bag on rear port swim deck and passenger on port side as well as one in the bow. Wave is the biggest yet and we can go with the rope slack in our hands for quite a long time. My friend threw the rope in and went for about a minute. I'm sure it's just a question of skill to be able to ride it longer.

speed was about 10.5 to 11mph. hard to tell from the guage, next time i'll set it to output speed digitally. Wedge was set to 1.5 turns down.

Back