• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Tower Bracket

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The lake we are on has a specific area for water sports, whereas other areas are for fishing. We are in the fishing area and to get to the water sports area we need to go under a bridge. The clearance is typically 7'-8'. Before I bought the boat, I researched and found that for a 2015 AR210 according to Yamaha, the bridge clearance is 6'-4". Not sure what that measurement is, as the tower will not fit under a bridge that has 7' of clearance. And yes I measured from water level to lowest support points of bridge. It was a close call, and glad I was going slow that I could lower it in time while by myself.

I am able to undo the two upper knobs of the rear support arm, swing those arms slightly forward and lower the tower. The problem is, the tower is resting either on the lower knob (barely) of the support arm, or on the seat cushion with a corner edge just trying to poke a hole. Also the two upper knobs are very greasy (good thing) but will get on clothes or the seats.

Reading the manual, there are brackets that either came or are available when you want to store the tower for an extended amount of time. Seems crazy to spend $55-$85 for a couple pieces of bent metal. The part number is F2K-U1325-00-00 (#15 in diagram). But I think they are designed to replace the support arms. I haven't been able to find a photo online that I can reference other than these sorts of drawings.

MTEyMzkwOA-025ddb5a.png

Trying to figure out what others have done for these sorts of situations. Is what I am doing the easiest/quickest? Is there a way to have a quick release for the upper knob? (I doubt since both pieces are threaded). Should I look to have some sort of custom fabricated metal piece made, or is there a rubber/plastic piece that could be fabricated for the lower knob that will then support the tower? The tower is down for maybe 2-3 minutes, if that, each time we want to go play or come back home.

Anyone else run into this, or just me?