• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Wake wedge and cobra fins on a 212X

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When Jerry and Mark came out to test the wake wedge on my 2014 212x last year, it was obvious the thrust vector xl's were not going to work when running with the wedge. due to the hull shape on the 212x, the fins would hit the wedge and bind up the steering occassionallly. So i contacted jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC and he offered me a generous deal to try his fins.

Install was a snap...took only about 15 minutes total. we took the boat out yesterday and they performed great. at slow speed both manufacturer of fins do a great job of controlling the boat. at speed, i didn't notice a great deal of difference in steering even when the cobras are in the locked down position.

i did a few runs just with my ballast (1100lb a side) i did notice improvement in the lack of wash in the wake. i believe because the cobra is locked down there is no crossbrace to interfere with the jet flow. then we added the wedge....holy crap. it looked and felt like black ice....the push was so fast. with all my improvement over the winter, i finally feel like everything has come together and i've got an amazing surf machine. running the wedge without fear of the steering binding is priceless. i will post pics or video next time i'm out.

thanks again to @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for the help! if you've got a 212x...you need to get both the wedge and some cobra fins!

Sweet !!!! Sounds awesome !!!

Back