• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake wedge for Yamaha Jet Boats

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone looking to increase the surfability of their Yamaha jet boat should check out our product. Cleans the wake face and makes our boats able to surf straight with the rider in clean water. PM myself or @sx210owner for more details or go to www.gantlinproducts.com for more info and ordering. Wedges are $800 each and easy to install and take off.

Thanks,

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gonna work on automated ballast system 1st. Then the wedge.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It says that it doesn't work on the 212X with flip-up fins, that's just because the swim platform is shorter than the larger models, right? So 242 should be fine?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes 242 good to go :)

Grant Ostvig

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
all last summer I was never able to toss in the rope while surfing behind my 212X. I have the larger cobra fins. (Wife couldn't drive without them and wanted to sell the boat on our first time out) So....Would it be possible to take just one fin of on my surf side and install the wake wedge?
Or for the $800 do you get both sides?
Do I need both sides?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
all last summer I was never able to toss in the rope while surfing behind my 212X. I have the larger cobra fins. (Wife couldn't drive without them and wanted to sell the boat on our first time out) So....Would it be possible to take just one fin of on my surf side and install the wake wedge?
Or for the $800 do you get both sides?
Do I need both sides?
@Grant Ostvig , The wake wedge will work with the cobra fins as long as you set them to stay down.

800 is for one side.

You would only need both sides if you surf regular and your wife surfs Goofy or the other way around. Remember that you cannot have both wedges on at the same time.

Last edited:

Dalton Hoyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We've got a 2017 212x and new to the boating world. How can you tell or what do the flip up style fins look like and is there something to replace them with? We'd like to get a wedge because we continue to have issues trying to surf rope less behind the boat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

This is not referring to the articulating keel that is on your boat.

Kawazmi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hi all
i need the size for this fin

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor