• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Wedge & Thrust Vectors

matthewfraase

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finished the install of the Gantlin Wake Wedge on my Yamaha 2007 AR210. I have Thrust Vector XV’s that were installed prior to me purchasing the boat. I contacted Jerry and Gantlin and they confirmed I won’t have issues using both products together!

I created a YouTube video showing the results, here is the link -

I want to give a huge shoutout to @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife they answered all my questions and supported me throughout the install. I’m not the handiest guy in the world, at one point Jerry just had me rotate a part around to fix my lack of awareness lol. Their customer service and assistance is top notch. I will be recommending them and their products to everyone I know. Thanks again Gantlin.

Hope this thread helps some older model Yamaha Jet owners who are considering the wake wedge.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would say that your wedge has a little too much angle right now.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Matt, I can't wait to come give you a tow! Welcome to the family here! We are around all weekend!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just finished the install of the Gantlin Wake Wedge on my Yamaha 2007 AR210. I have Thrust Vector XV’s that were installed prior to me purchasing the boat. I contacted Jerry and Gantlin and they confirmed I won’t have issues using both products together!

I want to give a huge shoutout to @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife they answered all my questions and supported me throughout the install. I’m not the handiest guy in the world, at one point Jerry just had me rotate a part around to fix my lack of awareness lol. Their customer service and assistance is top notch. I will be recommending them and their products to everyone I know. Thanks again Gantlin.

Hope this thread helps some older model Yamaha Jet owners who are considering the wake wedge.
Always happy to help ! Don't forgot to add some additional ballast along with the transom bag once you start surfing. Not sure if you had any other bags already.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Always happy to help ! Don't forgot to add some additional ballast along with the transom bag once you start surfing. Not sure if you had any other bags already.
This is great advice. And since I am across the bay, we will be playing with my bags to help Matt figure out the best combination for his 210. He will have access to a pair of 400's and a single 750. My guess is on top of the custom bag of yours, we will place a 400 in the locker and another 400 on the surf side to start off with. I would expect we may experience cavitation with any more weight than that on a 210. We will see.

I see a forecast of high 80's and sunny this weekend. Good time to do some testing!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is great advice. And since I am across the bay, we will be playing with my bags to help Matt figure out the best combination for his 210. He will have access to a pair of 400's and a single 750. My guess is on top of the custom bag of yours, we will place a 400 in the locker and another 400 on the surf side to start off with. I would expect we may experience cavitation with any more weight than that on a 210. We will see.

I see a forecast of high 80's and sunny this weekend. Good time to do some testing!
That's awesome he has your knowledge to help get him going ! Have a great weekend guys !

matthewfraase

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Heck ya biff! Excited to give this all a shot on Wednesday! Would love to nab a bag or two from you for the day to see the wedge in action, super appreciated, 🤙🤙

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I have a 2008….any videos showing how it performed? Thanks Matt

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length