• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard Rack Installation Issue

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the following Reborn Wakeboard Rack. When I mount it I can't seem to get the wakeboard level (horizontal) with the boat. Does it matter? I have it going slightly up. I am sure it will produce some drag.

Note: I do have the pro swivel mount they offer but that doesn't really help so I took it off.

Any advice?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20200627_185850.jpg20200627_185856.jpg20200627_185912.jpg

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I believe it should be angled up so the board doesn’t fall out. Your install looks good to me!

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Doesn't look right, but should be fine other than maybe being a little less aerodynamic.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn't look right, but should be fine other than maybe being a little less aerodynamic.
What doesnt look right. Your comment is vague

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Exactly what you said, not horizontal.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way to get it horizontal it just won't do it on that bar with the adjustments it has. either slightly up or slightly down. I threw a wakeboard in it today and when out and got pretty pounded in 3-4 foot rollers and waves in Lake St. Clair for the afternoon. Didn't budge and in in the river I hit Max WOT as usual, so I think it will be ok. I just don't like the way it is slightly angled up.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks right... mine is exactly the same style..

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's fine. You shouldn't tow with your racks full anyway (at least I never have. Couldn't imagine launching a wake board through the windshield of the car behind me) . If you're on the water, you've got more drag from your hull than a surf board or wake board in the racks. If it's that OCD, then try and flip your wake board "boots down" and the curve of the board won't throw you off as much. These are stock Yama holders. IMG_7276.JPG

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
HangOutdoors - I am looking for wakeboard rack myself. Do you recommend the Reborn? The price looks very appealing.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scoop The reborn works fine. It is solid. I slid mine up a bit higher so I could see when I am standing. Had it in 4+ foot of heavy chop getting thrown around and the wake board in it was fine. No regrets and the price was right.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also bought this to hold My Zup Board and mounted it on the passenger side. It works very well. Will also hold a surf board no problem.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Angle the wakeboard nose down so the wind pushes the board down and into the rack when you're cruising, and not back and out. Also, considering moving them as high up as possible to get out of the way of dock and people's heads. I put mine on the bar furthermost back as well, because even though they swivel in, it's easier to hang/unhang from the racks from behind the tower, not in front.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@anmut that is what i eventually did.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. I am going to order it.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@anmut that is what i eventually did.
I've now reset my wakeboard racks and flag holder at least 3x. One more time for the flag holder - moving that thing to the other side where it won't slap so hard in my ear at 50mph.

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've now reset my wakeboard racks and flag holder at least 3x. One more time for the flag holder - moving that thing to the other side where it won't slap so hard in my ear at 50mph.
I’ve considered buying a flag holder but have you ever just tried running zip ties through the grommets to hold the flag to the vertical?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’ve considered buying a flag holder but have you ever just tried running zip ties through the grommets to hold the flag to the vertical?
You could try it, but you'll probably tear the flag. Even at 30mph that flag takes a BEATING. And don't forget, you'd have to snip your ties every time you trailer it.

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just got mine in the mail a few days ago. There’s about a 0.25” gap in the rubber collar when installed. Is this an issue? The rubber collar I chose wrapped perfectly around the rear bar before I put the clamp around it.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length