• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard rack

Geoffrey bell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
So I just brought home my 23 222SD and so far it is great with just few minor things for the dealer to fix but all very minor. So now I am looking for a good rack to fit the the new SD tower I like the ones on the new XD and the fact that it swivels. Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good one to buy.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have three Monster racks, two that swivel and one that's locked and high for the foil. They're solid cnc'd aluminum and have really held up well over the last three seasons, highly recommend them.

Geoffrey bell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I have three Monster racks, two that swivel and one that's locked and high for the foil. They're solid cnc'd aluminum and have really held up well over the last three seasons, highly recommend them.
With the swivel does it make it easier to get the board off when you are on the water.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Absolutely and it's a must for coming into any dock that has high posts, which happens frequently.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have one of the Amazon black aluminum mounts. Does not swivel, but sits high enough on the tower that it isn't any wider than the boat without a board on it. Hasn't fallen apart yet, it's just chunks of aluminum. Can't complain for $80 or whatever it was.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Absolutely and it's a must for coming into any dock that has high posts, which happens frequently.
Or putting your boat on a lift, or in a garage. Unless you mount it so high that it takes advantage of the shape of the tower. Which most of our boats would be way too wide, so a swivel is a must for those purposes.

Geoffrey bell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I was thinking that as I did not have a swivel on the one on my 2007 and it would be a pain to get boards on and off while on the water. I really like the ones they have on the XD towers this year but couldn't believe when i saw the cost of them.

Or putting your boat on a lift, or in a garage. Unless you mount it so high that it takes advantage of the shape of the tower. Which most of our boats would be way too wide, so a swivel is a must for those purposes.
i would think this would also come in handy when trying to raft up to get the boards out of the way with ease and not having to remove the boards.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking that as I did not have a swivel on the one on my 2007 and it would be a pain to get boards on and off while on the water. I really like the ones they have on the XD towers this year but couldn't believe when i saw the cost of them.

i would think this would also come in handy when trying to raft up to get the boards out of the way with ease and not having to remove the boards.
Now you are thinking function. There is a reason the swivel racks are so popular and so expensive. Watch Overtons for some discounts, but may be they dropped Monster products. Good luck!

Geoffrey bell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Now you are thinking function. There is a reason the swivel racks are so popular and so expensive. Watch Overtons for some discounts, but may be they dropped Monster products. Good luck!
I think I will end up going with the monster rack with the swivel. The one from Yamaha is over 1500 dollars.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I will end up going with the monster rack with the swivel. The one from Yamaha is over 1500 dollars.
When I bought my rack, it was the exact same rack made by Monster for Yamaha. So I got it for a fraction over the Yamaha branded rack and it was the same. I do believe they have switched suppliers since. Either way, you can't go wrong, other than some of the cheap chinese crap on Ebay. I have had those too, and it still worked.