• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard rope length?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wondering what y'all are using for rope length when wakeboarding.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
comes in three sections right? My kids have one section removed.....I see where most aggressive like two sections removed bringing them closer to the action.

Wil Air.jpg

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no right or wrong answer. I always see misguided folks giving absolutes on length and speed. I've seen some really slick wakeboarders with X-games type skill close and far away from the boat and 18-21 MPH and 21+.

The biggest thing for us is the best place to jump as far as wake size, shape, and width for our given speeds (18-20). It will also depend on tower being rear or forward sweep as far as length goes. Jet wash is of no consideration for us nobody stays in the middle so it doesn't matter. With all of that being said i think we are at 45-50 ft.