• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding addicts. . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@0627Devildog ............... Yoooooooooooooo Babeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
So funny ! Still laughing. GREAT find. Many thanks for sharing !
Have a great week - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Because what the hell else are ya gonna do when you live somewhere that's frozen 9 months out of the year! And you Florida boys think you have it made... MN PROUD!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was a hell of a lot of work. . . . .just to freeze your arse off and make a video. But I had to share.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@d_coyne1984:
I didn't know Minnesota boys could laugh ........ I kinda figgered it was so derned cold up there your facial muscles couldn't ever make it into a SMILE ....... LOL ! :p

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We celebrate every nice summer day like it is the 4th of July because when know that old man winter is always stalking us. We have to do stupid shit like that video to prove a small but blunt point. It's like kicking old man winter in the balls and punching mother nature in the baby maker at the same time. The cruelest geographical joke is having so many great boating lakes here that you NEED to have a nice boat, but then only being able to use it 3-4 good months out of the year. This is my first year owning a boat of my own and I will probably shed a few tears of joy when I see that tractor man pull my 192 out of that dark old barn she is resting in up by the cabin. t-minus 1.5 weeks bitches!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
MISTER Coyne ............... I TOTALLY disagree !
"We celebrate every nice summer day like it is the 4th of July because when know that old man winter is always stalking us. We have to do stupid ..."

Y'all celebrate
ON July 4th BECAUSE it's the first time yer derned lakes have thawed ....... finally.

It's why I did not get to come up to Mille Lacs last year ........ It was frozen all year (j/k).

Walleye fishing trip is planned with my Best Friend in North Branch on ML for mid June. You better get yer flame throwers out and start thawing MY Walleye lake !

Sometimes I even surprise myself with my humor ........... LOL ! :winkingthumbsup" :thumbsup: :winkingthumbsup"

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm thinking we should strategically place M80's in the ice and lights that shit on fire, we"ll have the lake clear for you. That's not bad for the fish right?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm thinking we should strategically place M80's in the ice and lights that shit on fire, we"ll have the lake clear for you. That's not bad for the fish right?
That'll work ! You Nu'th'n'rs can every now & then come up with a WINNING strategy ........ LOL !

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All I can say is we appreciate seasons a bit more than others. When you have so few weekends, you make the most of them every time you get the chance. My daughter is so funny, as soon as I put the snowmobiles away, and pulled the boat out her brain has done a 180 to summer mode.

After a summer's worth of tubing and surfing, she will be a full 180 again to sled mode come fall. She will be chompin at the bit for December 1st, when the trails are supposed to be open. Folks that have their boat on water 365 days/year don't feel the need to abuse every chance they have.

That being said, those guys in the video were armatures. Real Minnesotans have 6ft T-handle ice saws and proper ice tongs and get the job done right, or don't do it at all. If you want to wakeboard all year, you get yourself on some moving water that never freezes and somebody that knows something about driving a watercross sled. 180hp watercross sled is more than enough to pull a wakeboard. Or the select few guys that don't care about the hull of their waverunner.

It's all good fun for sure. I'm glad none of them slammed their melon on all those ice blocks and squared edges while dinking around.

Great post!

Mark Lawson
Minnesota Lake Gypsies (Land of 10,000 Landings and Sandbars)

Last edited: