• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been out on the boat a couple of times, but this was my first time using my new tower. It held up great and made getting up easier. I only wish I could have done better on the board. I crashed hard when I got air on the first run. I'm ready to get back at it and improve much more as the season goes on!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You must be young and heal quickly.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Spend a week at The Boarding School in Orlando....does wonders for improving your skills! @jdiaz78

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea what @buckbuck said. One hard flyswatter and I'm usually done. I'm probably going to transition more to surfing this year. I still love to slalom ski as my avatar indicates :)

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Spend a week at The Boarding School in Orlando....does wonders for improving your skills! @jdiaz78
I'll be at Disney World this fall with the family. I wonder if they would let me ditch them the entire week so I can get better at wakeboarding????

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do it!!! you can always just spend a day there. when i spent the week there a couple from Germany joined us in the boat for just a one day lesson. Call or email travis and make the reservation! @jdiaz78

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd go to the boarding school if it wasn't so far away and expensive. They have some camps in the Midwest I may try to get to. As the old saying goes, "Practice makes perfect." I'm willing to let me wife drive the boat as I practice :thumbsup:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I skied and "skurfed" from the time I was 10 through college. Stopped at that point. Fast forward 180 years and I'm trying to wakeboard again. Getting up is no problem, not landing on my face seems to be, though. Every time I've wakeboarded in the last two years, I've limped away from the day. I think I'm over it. Surfing is tons of fun and it doesn't hurt for a week afterwards!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm of the mindset that i would rather enjoy activities for the long haul, hence, everything i do i do within my abilities and i'm not one to try to push the envelope. I've managed to avoid any broken bones, bad sprains, torn ligaments, etc. I'm totally happy wakeboarding taking it easy and enjoying the day rather than catching a thousand edges.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really just want to be able to jump wake to wake before the season is over. If I can throw a grab in, that would be great also.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really just want to be able to jump wake to wake before the season is over. If I can throw a grab in, that would be great also.
Same here.

I can do a toe side 180 and surface 180 back to goofy foot (my preferred stance) but I just didn't progress much after that.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Like @OrangeTJ I grew up surfing and skurfing. Love water sports. Got my boat last year and wakeboarded for the first time. Hadn't surfed in several years. Got up first time. It's a great feeling. You will definitely get it @jdiaz78 and you'll go every time you take the boat out. Just stick with it.