• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster Doesn't fit 22ft Models without modification

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I’m running into the same issue and have been since I bought the boat (AR220) and Wakebooster last summer. The boat is currently with the Cycle Springs service department (dealer in Clearwater Fl) and I’m waiting on them to tell me how Yamaha intends to resolve this problem. I frequently have toddlers on the boat so I’m certainly not okay with simply plugging waterline level through hull bolt holes with silicone and assuming it’ll be okay. If they don’t come up with a good solution for the Wakebooster not working as advertised, I’ll be looking for a refund on the booster.
I think they should offer to buy back the boat as none of the managers or sales either don't disclose or just don't know that the wake booster doesn't work. With all the work I've done or had done on the boat I wouldn't likely take it even if offered. Engineering and design at it's finest.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Where did you get the installation and removal information? I don't remember seeing it in the boat's owner's manual.
The instructions came with the wake booster.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I’m running into the same issue and have been since I bought the boat (AR220) and Wakebooster last summer. The boat is currently with the Cycle Springs service department (dealer in Clearwater Fl) and I’m waiting on them to tell me how Yamaha intends to resolve this problem. I frequently have toddlers on the boat so I’m certainly not okay with simply plugging waterline level through hull bolt holes with silicone and assuming it’ll be okay. If they don’t come up with a good solution for the Wakebooster not working as advertised, I’ll be looking for a refund on the booster.
Any update?