• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster won't fit on AR250

Supercal27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone, new 2021 AR250 owner here. My dealer sold me the wakebooster kit for my AR250, which has the same part number as the previous 24 foot series boats. Got home and tried to fit the wakebooster on and the stern eyes are too small for the pin. Anyone else had this issue? Bad pics but this is what I'm dealing with, as you can see the pin can't go in all the way.tempImageUZglQG.jpgtempImageB8QCbs.jpg

Hi everyone, new 2021 AR250 owner here. My dealer sold me the wakebooster kit for my AR250, which has the same part number as the previous 24 foot series boats. Got home and tried to fit the wakebooster on and the stern eyes are too small for the pin. Anyone else had this issue? Bad pics but this is what I'm dealing with, as you can see the pin can't go in all the way.View attachment 146397View attachment 146398
I think there have been a few instances where the U-bolts were adjusted too small from the factory. Here is one instance on a 242x:

Seems your options are to shave the pin to fit, adjust the bolt somehow.

Did you ever figure this problem out? I just picked up my WakeBooster, but have not tried installing on my 2021 AR250 yet.

I check out the Yamaha installation video, and it does not appear that the pin is supposed to go all the way through.

Have you been able to use the booster? How do you like it?

Did you ever figure this problem out? I just picked up my WakeBooster, but have not tried installing on my 2021 AR250 yet.

I check out the Yamaha installation video, and it does not appear that the pin is supposed to go all the way through.

Have you been able to use the booster? How do you like it?

Yes, I had to sand down the large pin itself to be able to get it to slide through the eye hole enough to put the locking pin through. Kind of a pain, but didn't want to mess with the stern eye bolts or anything. I've tried the booster...meh. I'm new to jet boats and there's just so much jet wash that interferes with what the booster is trying to do. Also, no way you can actually surf without a rope unless you have ballast along with the booster. I thought (and my dealer implied) that the big ar250 would do the job with just the booster, but definitely not the case. Just not enough push behind the wave.

Hi everyone, new 2021 AR250 owner here. My dealer sold me the wakebooster kit for my AR250, which has the same part number as the previous 24 foot series boats. Got home and tried to fit the wakebooster on and the stern eyes are too small for the pin. Anyone else had this issue? Bad pics but this is what I'm dealing with, as you can see the pin can't go in all the way.View attachment 146397View attachment 146398
If these are your pictures then the pin IS all the way in. There should be another, smaller, locking pin that is inserted into the smaller hole in the large pin. It looks fine to me. This is exactly how my booster looks when in use. Just be sure to insert smaller locking pin.

Not sure about the 25, but the 24's definitely need ballast to make it a no rope wake in my experience or at least a good no-rope wake.

I’m having a similar problem on my AR250. On the port side the pin wont slide in far enough in to get the T-handle of the pin past black support pole to lock in. The starboard side works fine. We may just sand down the handle a bit. The dealer said its a real pain to try to adjust the U bolt. When we take it in for the 10hr service they will check it out.

I’m having a similar problem on my AR250. On the port side the pin wont slide in far enough in to get the T-handle of the pin past black support pole to lock in. The starboard side works fine. We may just sand down the handle a bit. The dealer said its a real pain to try to adjust the U bolt. When we take it in for the 10hr service they will check it out.
I had the same issue on my 252XE; shaved one side of the pushbutton tbolt with a grinder vs the large bolt and was able to get it to lock in.

I’m finding this article as I picked up my new AR250 yesterday with the wake booster kit. The large pin won’t slide in far enough for the small T pin to slide in. The U bolt on the stern is adjusted to far up. Has anyone tried loosening the nut inside the boat and tightening the U bolt with the nut on the outside of the boat? Seems like it would be easier to do than sanding the pin down, but I haven’t attempted to access the interior U bolt nuts yet. Thought I’d try google before I go adjusting things on the new boat. Lol

I’m finding this article as I picked up my new AR250 yesterday with the wake booster kit. The large pin won’t slide in far enough for the small T pin to slide in. The U bolt on the stern is adjusted to far up. Has anyone tried loosening the nut inside the boat and tightening the U bolt with the nut on the outside of the boat? Seems like it would be easier to do than sanding the pin down, but I haven’t attempted to access the interior U bolt nuts yet. Thought I’d try google before I go adjusting things on the new boat. Lol
Personally I found it very hard to access the interior side of the U bolt and sanding the pin down was a quick and easy fix.

Personally I found it very hard to access the interior side of the U bolt and sanding the pin down was a quick and easy fix.

you’re right you can’t access it through the engine compartment. I think if I pop the rear cup holder out it’s pretty much directly below it. I’m contacting Yamaha tomorrow to confirm that before I start taking parts off the new boat. I also need to find out if it’s glued in or not and if so what to use to re glue it down. I’ll update the post when I hear back from them and perform the fix.

Back