• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Surfed behind my 2019 Yamaha 242x e-series for the first time this weekend. The Wakebooster attachment makes a big difference. Even beginners were able to surf ropeless.

Jeff Jozwi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Pics? Videos?

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I Pre-Ordered mine at the boat show in January and still no word. Not very happy about it!

Please provide ballast numbers and video! TY

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Surfed behind my 2019 Yamaha 242x e-series for the first time this weekend. The Wakebooster attachment makes a big difference. Even beginners were able to surf ropeless.
To clarify an earlier post. The Mission Delta has no effect on the wake in my boat.
The Wakebooster made a significant difference. It cleaned up the wake and made it bigger.

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In the above video I had 10 adults on the boat. 400 lbs of lead in the back compartments. The port ballast was full. The starboard ballast was empty and the center ballast was 1/2 full. Creating some list to the port side was critical to cleaning up the wake and to giving it more push. I’m not sure how much the separate ballasts hold, but the total ballast for the boat is 1,400lbs I believe.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
To clarify an earlier post. The Mission Delta has no effect on the wake in my boat.
The Wakebooster made a significant difference. It cleaned up the wake and made it bigger.
I'd be interested if a device like the Mission Delta would have any benefit in conjunction with the wakebooster in use. Still have the MD, have you tried it with the wakebooster? Not sure if that even makes sense but I'd try it if I had both.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be interested if a device like the Mission Delta would have any benefit in conjunction with the wakebooster in use. Still have the MD, have you tried it with the wakebooster? Not sure if that even makes sense but I'd try it if I had both.
I think the major issue with using any of those delayed conversion devices in a jet boat is they force counter-steering of the nozzles (to offset the drag on the non surf side) - pointing those strait into the wake’s surface! Which tends to ruin the wave...

The booster is clever - and does the opposite!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think the major issue with using any of those delayed conversion devices in a jet boat is they force counter-steering of the nozzles (to offset the drag on the non surf side) - pointing those strait into the wake’s surface! Which tends to ruin the wave...

The booster is clever - and does the opposite!

This is why I think the combo may be interesting, would the booster counter act that effect at all? I imagine the booster creates a significant drag in the opposite way. Just a thought.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is why I think the combo may be interesting, would the booster counter act that effect at all? I imagine the booster creates a significant drag in the opposite way. Just a thought.
The problem is that you need to list the boat to get the best wake.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The problem is that you need to list the boat to get the best wake.

Yeah I can see how it may be difficult to get the device mounted in the water with the boat listed to surf side. I vaguely remember some product that was featured in a thread on here that was a delayed convergence wedge but it mounted on the bottom of the hull. Can't seem to find the thread though. There was a forum member that was working with the vendor to try it, reported moderate success but then it all went kinda quiet. Anyway wonder how that would work with the booster. Just thinking it may be worth giving some of these devices a shot again in conjunction now with the booster. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wakesurfing today behind a Yamaha 242x e-series with the Wakebooster. We had 10 people on the boat, the port ballast was full, the center ballast was filled to 75%, there was 200 lbs of lead evenly distributed in the rear compartments and 250lbs of lead in the bow.

Tlubbs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I’ll try the combination of the Wakebooster and the Mission Delta this weekend and let you know what I find.
I saw you posted videos was curious if the combination worked for you

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Wakebooster alone was working so well this weekend that I never tried the Mission Delta along with it. I am still planning on trying the combination and will be sure to post the results when I do.

Jeff Jozwi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Looks good. Nice long pocket.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

My best surf this weekend using the Wakebooster behind my Yamaha 242. Who says you can’t surf behind a jet boat!
Great results! Thanks for posting.
I'm still so curious as to how will this compare to the Wedge (w/custom ballast)... I have a feeling you are making this Yamaha booster look real good, lol.
(w/great shape and great technique)

--