• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeskating board.

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up a new to me board off Craigslist for super cheap. Can't wait to try this sucka out! image.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet!! I've always thought that wake skating looked like fun. I've never witnessed anyone using one first hand though. How do you start/get up? I assume its like a wakeboard start, but you need to hold the rail. Is that right?

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same as wakeboard is my understanding. Just no boots. Hopefully the falls hurt less!!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is wake skating at speed or is it like wake surfing?

surfer212

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Wake skating is done at wakeboarding speeds. We own one and our two boys (24 and 21 yrs old) and their friends use it occasionally. I have not had the guts to try it myself as the wipeouts are more common and fairly hard compared to wakeboarding (I'll stick to wakeboarding, wakesurfing, slalom, etc.). It appears that anyone with some skate board skills may have an advantage over those who don't, because when you jump the wake you have to handle the board like a skateboard - either grab onto it or control it with your feet. I do not have any pics to post...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I remember bringing it that one day but we never did try it. We will definitely do it this year!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wake skates are great to learn surface 180's on since you're not attached. I think it actually hurts less when you fall, or you don't hit as hard not being connected to the board.