• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurf Ballast Tweaking

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Has anyone tried these FatSac ballast bags? Looking for 100-150Lbs to place in the bow, but don't want to use lead bags and carry the weight around when not surfing.

FatSac

I haven’t tried that one, but I used to use one of the Yamaha 200lb cubes on the bow floor. I think FatSac makes a similar cube that’s around 150lbs or so. The Yamaha cube was a great fit there because the bag was just about as wide as the fiberglass floor (no side movement) and slightly wider than the pass through where it narrows (by the helm locker) so the bag couldn’t move rearward.

i bought about 8 of these. Makes moving an adjusting weight a breeze. Fully filled i weighed em at 65lbs each. I run like 3 or 4 up front when needed.

1643488093666.png

i bought about 8 of these. Makes moving an adjusting weight a breeze. Fully filled i weighed em at 65lbs each. I run like 3 or 4 up front when needed.

View attachment 170348

What is the easiest way to fill/drain these? Pump or something else, like by scooping up lake water?

View attachment 170348
I was looking at these also. I think I like the handles on the FatSacs better.

What is the easiest way to fill/drain these? Pump or something else, like by scooping up lake water?
Scooping up water is my understanding.

You can dunk the bags in the water, but I found just using my tsunami pump was easiest and fastest when I'm filling up my transom bag. Handles have been fine for me, but I also take care to not man handle them. I'm making them 17lbs heavier than rated.

You can dunk the bags in the water, but I found just using my tsunami pump was easiest and fastest when I'm filling up my transom bag. Handles have been fine for me, but I also take care to not man handle them. I'm making them 17lbs heavier than rated.
They are definitely better priced. Good tip on the Tsunami pump.

I have a 200lb bag in the ski locker. I used some starboard and L brackets to keep it as far forward as possible.

I have the Fatsac AR240 bag for the swim deck and ski locker. They're both around 750 lbs I think.

I use a Tsunami pump to fill each . I also use the pump to drain the ski locker bag to keep water from draining into the boat.

The system works pretty well with the Yamaha Wakebooster.

Attachments

• rs=w_600,h_600.jpg
    rs=w_600,h_600.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • rs=w_600,h_600.png
    rs=w_600,h_600.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 2
We are somewhat limited to weight on our 95s. We went with the 650 transom and the 150 cube to test weight setup in different locations. planning on the cube in the bow seating area. Looking forward to testing this coming season. As far as filling, for me the Tsunami pump i would think makkes it easier than a scoop method.

Back