• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing behind the AR195 - First Day!

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We were able to make it work!! Check out the video of us surfing behind the AR195 on the first attempt.

Set up looked like this:
650# fat sack on the surf side
Wife (no weight mentioned here) on the surf side
11 year old (90#) in the bow.
Thrust Vector Wake (thanks @JetBoatPilot )
10 miles per hour
water depth of 12-15 feet continuously.

Nick_Lo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi...Ran across your post here while searching for the best surf setup for our recently purchased 2021 SX190. Greetings from Huntley, IL!

A few questions... what is the Thrust Vector Wake? Is it an add on to the thrust Vector? Do they still make it?
I assume your not using Yamaha's Wakebooster, correct?
Also, what board are you using?
Can a heavier rider get rope-less with your setup?

FYI, we boat mostly on Big Green Lake in Wisconsin (have a place up there) but occasionally bring the boat home to hit the Fox River or Chain. Do you boat locally?

Thanks in Advance!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
First attempt? Wow. How many hours of research did you do to find the best set up? Or did you wing it? xD

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi...Ran across your post here while searching for the best surf setup for our recently purchased 2021 SX190. Greetings from Huntley, IL!

A few questions... what is the Thrust Vector Wake? Is it an add on to the thrust Vector? Do they still make it?
I assume your not using Yamaha's Wakebooster, correct?
Also, what board are you using?
Can a heavier rider get rope-less with your setup?

FYI, we boat mostly on Big Green Lake in Wisconsin (have a place up there) but occasionally bring the boat home to hit the Fox River or Chain. Do you boat locally?

Thanks in Advance!
Huntley? We are practically neighbors! I bought my tow vehicle from Huntley Ford!

A thrust vector wake is one of the best additions you can add to your new boat. It changes the way you drive the boat, dock the boat, and deal with your wife while on the boat. It makes everything better. Check out jet boat pilot.com.

did not purchase the whole Yamaha wake boaster kit in fear of the sticker price. Seems “cheaper” to spend $250 8 times for all the individual pieces instead of $1700 all at once!!!😀

As for our waters, we currently are on the Illinois River most of the time. We do love to check out different lakes on SW Michigan as well as Indiana, so we haul the boat about 3500-4000 miles a summer to different places. Kentucky Lake was a great trip last year. Have not been on Big Green Lake in WI, but looking at it now seems like it could be a possibility for 2022.

Happy New Year

Nick_Lo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year to you as well! I am familiar with the Thrust Vector for steering, but I cant seem to find info on "Thrust Vector Wake".
I'll probably do the same and piece things together. Considering the custom fatsac and the wakebooster for starters along with a slingshot coaster.

lol on Huntley Ford... I'm 10 minutes from there! If you're planning a trip up to Green Lake this summer, shoot me a message. We get up there several weekends each summer.

Take Care! ... Nick