• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing

Kacper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_4490.PNGIMG_4491.PNGDoes anybody know if this ar250 boat is just using the 400lb of ballast or is there more. This is a post from yamahaboating. The person is surfing ropeless and if it's just those two bags that's great.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don’t know but I can tell you that this wake is bigger and better than my 212X with 1100lbs of ballast. I’m guessing they’re using a wake booster as well.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is that a video or still shot? Because a still shot of the 3sec of surfing you can do with those little bags of water on the back would make sense. I can get a nice wave out of 2000lbs of ballast. :)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm thinking there is some photoshop work going on with that photo as well. Note how all passengers are super clear and in the perfect position. The boat is nearly flat in the water, where most boats at 9-11mph are way more bow up.

And if that boat was doing 9-11mph with weight, those pissers would be shooting a stronger stream. I'm calling it, it's photoshopped in Yamaha marketing

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm thinking there is some photoshop work going on with that photo as well. Note how all passengers are super clear and in the perfect position. The boat is nearly flat in the water, where most boats at 9-11mph are way more bow up.

And if that boat was doing 9-11mph with weight, those pissers would be shooting a stronger stream. I'm calling it, it's photoshopped in Yamaha marketing
2023's have a different hull design for wakesurfing near the rear... it could be real-ish....

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2023's have a different hull design for wakesurfing near the rear... it could be real-ish....
Real-ish is the perfect description.

Physics tells us it doesn't matter if it's a 20 year old boat, an $80K Yamaha or a $250K Nautique, a surfable wave is created by water displacement. That boat in the first pic is displacing nowhere near enough water to be creating a surf wave. Check out how much of it is out of the water!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
She probably threw the rope went twenty five feet then lost the wave push and settled into the water and the photographer nailed the pic . Honestly wakesurfing is for pussies as seen in the picture, Haha just kidding I do it too, but seriously if you want a real thrill and are in good shape learn how to wake board. Staying in a three foot triangle while wakesufing gets boring you move forward you move back maybe try a board slide and fall over. Wake boarding you can literately fly and ride around sixty feet from side to side. We have more fun putting all three large skegs on the wakesurf board and riding it with the long wake board rope. Surf on have a great summer !

IMG_5425.JPG kidding I do