• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Walnut Grove CA

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
DJI00142.JPG DJI00207.JPG

The pics and video were taken near Rio Vista. Another video of the trip taken on a GoPro will be posted shortly.

Enjoy.

DJI00136.JPG
By the way, this was the most difficult footage for me to get so far. In the last pic the heli oriented to the boat (i.e., the front of the heli and the bow of the boat are pointed in the same direction. I'm facing backward towards the heli. All the controls are reverse to me when the heli copter is oriented like this (nose in) to me. It got even harder when I was flying sideways.

Still it was a great day and a lot of fun. My son controlled the throttles for the first time today. In while filming I limited him to 10 mph but on the way to lunch he got up to 30 no problems at all. He did well today.

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love it!! I can't wait until I have time to get back into R/C with my boy! My only son is gonna be spoiled.....er..more spoiled than he is already.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are awesome pics. I'm going to have to look into getting one of those copters.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is where I get my stuff. http://www.heli-world.com/

I would recommend the FC40 to anyone who is new to this, just testing the waters and/or on a budget.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the video of the trip. Most of it is accelerated 40x,I did a little experimenting with slowing it down as well. Unfortunately my camera's batteries died before the trip was over but that's life. Enjoy.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is this on the Sacremento River /delta?
Looks cool

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, it's the Delta although I'm not sure which tributary/river. the launch I used is about 55 miles south of old Sacramento, SF is the opposite direction, I estimate about 40 miles by water.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, that's fun to watch. I can't believe the quality of the camera either, or the stability. What a cool gadget...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
iPhone 4s.JPG

I didn't get any footage of the wind farms along the way. Here is one I took with my iPhone. The next time out I'll try again from 200' to 300' feet up or maybe some up close video. I'm starting to get comfortable flying over water, but I don't want to get to comfortable doing it.