• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wanna try some barefooting.

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone installed a "boom" on their boat? Done all the others but would like to try this too. Where do you get these things?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you stumped everyone! I have no idea, but I would think there would be something you could attach to the tower.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, I had never heard of a boom

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only thing that I have ever heard about barefooting is that you have to be going REALLY fast. How fast I don't know.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have seen it but looks like it would hurt too bad with the speed needed to barefoot when one would fall. Seen the falls before. :hurting:

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My sister had a boyfriend who used to do it all the time until he hit a stump and lost his foot. Bad deal.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As far as I know you have to be going 40 or more and you need to wear proper clothing. I've seen videos and they're all wearing form fitting shirt/short combo with floatation/ padding built in.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just doesn't really look fun to me, and I like doing all kinds of crazy stuff....

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check out Mike Seipel. Legendary barefooter. I went to school with his sister when I was a kid. He also founded barefootinternational.com. they make booms and also the fatsacs we all use to wake surf with in addition to booms.

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My sister had a boyfriend who used to do it all the time until he hit a stump and lost his foot. Bad deal.
Reason number 299 why this guy will never be seen barefooting!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried bare footing in my youth, all I can say is, mad.......

You need to travel at 40 mph plus and the water has to be dead flat, any slight ripple and you go down, HARD!
I just used the ski rope, lie back in the water and wrap your toes/feet over the rope, then as the boat speeds up your dragged feet first with the water being thrusted up your nose, but as you speed up your body causes a void so you can breathe.
When your travelling at speed you then ride along on your ass, 45mph on you butt is kinda fun, but then this is where you slowly lower your feet, toes curled up, then stand up, easy :rolleyes::D.
You will face plant, perforate you ear drum, cut your lip, swallow water, get black eyes and may be knock yourself out, but other than that it can be good fun :winkingthumbsup".

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like everyone should try it. o_O

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried bare footing in my youth, all I can say is, mad.......

You need to travel at 40 mph plus and the water has to be dead flat, any slight ripple and you go down, HARD!
I just used the ski rope, lie back in the water and wrap your toes/feet over the rope, then as the boat speeds up your dragged feet first with the water being thrusted up your nose, but as you speed up your body causes a void so you can breathe.
When your travelling at speed you then ride along on your ass, 45mph on you butt is kinda fun, but then this is where you slowly lower your feet, toes curled up, then stand up, easy :rolleyes::D.
You will face plant, perforate you ear drum, cut your lip, swallow water, get black eyes and may be knock yourself out, but other than that it can be good fun :winkingthumbsup".
And if your not wearing the appropriate shorts.......well let's just say you might need to check your personal scupper valve afterword......

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some friends of ours barefoot and she goes around 34 and he runs about 38. They're fairly experienced, so I haven't seen someone learn, but they start by stepping off of a slalom ski.

Heres a video I shot of him getting started:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it is great how we try to catch the perfect wave off of a boat or try things like barefoot, yet snowboarding is something that has a ride down a mountain that can go for miles, includes moguls, involves glades/trees, etc. The boat watersports are fun but winter is still very cool. Vail, Tahoe, Whistler, Park City, ..... All good stuff. That said, I can't wait to put my tower on when it shows up sometime in April

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did it when I was younger. We had to go 50mph and used worn runners on our feet to keep the water from hurting. Falling hurts bad. Cam.

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am also looking to put a 'boom' on my boat, but for a different reason. No bare foot skiing here, but have you had any luck finding what fits? I've talked to Barefoot Inc. those go for $600+, outta my league.
Anyone installed a "boom" on their boat? Done all the others but would like to try this too. Where do you get these things?