• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Warning for Yamaha 4.3 Connext

Picked up a 2022 model 210 fsh about 6 weeks ago. We took it out twice to get used to it and get the 10 hours logged for it's initial service. Took the boat back to the dealer for the 10 hour service, got it back the following week and headed for the boat ramp. After turning the batteries on to start the blower, I noticed the rpm gauges were sweeping from 0 to 8 and back to 0 constantly. This was with the keys off and sitting on the trailer. I turned the keys to the on position to see if it would stop, and nothing changed. I did however notice the 4.3 connext display was blank also. Called the service department and explained what was going on and they suggested putting the boat in the water and see what happens when I start it (they kept claiming that everything worked for them). We tried, and after the engines were running for a couple minutes the display finally came back to life and the rpm gauges began working correctly. The service department suggested it was just a glitch and that I should be fine to use the boat.
Set out for a day of fishing but after a couple of times having the rpm gauges start sweeping with the engines turned off, I lost confidence in their assessment of everything being fine now. Took the boat home to flush and clean, then called the service department back to inform them there is still a problem. They asked me to bring it back and let them see. We trailered the boat back to the dealership where they lifted it off with the forklift and set it back in the water. The technician had the same problem we did, only this time the display would not come back on regardless of what he tried. We left the boat with them with the hope that it would end up being just a loose connection somewhere. No such luck. They called the next day to tell me the 4.3 display is bad and that per Yamaha "it happens". However, the displays are on a nation wide backorder and they cannot provide any kind of timeline for when they will be available.
At the end of the week, I called Yamaha customer service and talked to a representative. I explained to him my anger about having a new boat they are telling me I cannot use without risking my warranty, but at the same time Yamaha is unwilling to provide a new display unit from the manufacturing department. At this point, I'm running out of options. That being said, if anyone has any information about these displays (part numbers, wiring diagrams, pin outs, etc) I would appreciate it. I'm also curious if anyone found a way to upgrade to the 7 inch display in case those are available somewhere.
My connext failed to display the mph and Nav back in October of 2021. I was a warranty item. An order was put in for a replacement in November 2021. I have still not received my replacement. I have gotten the run around from the dealer. Does anyone have any customer service numbers that work other than the Marine Customer Support number 866-894-1626? Thanks.

Back