• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

warning Light

relgne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
live in MN and started my gp1800r SVHO to winterize it for the winter. When I hooked up the water, started motor, then turned on water so the oil gets warm for easier extraction. at that time of start up the buzzer/warning light came on. Seemed to run ok. maybe a little hard to start at first figured it was sitting for a while. I Continued running for 10 minutes, then running RV antifreeze through it and change oil. Called local dealer and brought it in to see what problem might have been. Called me back yesterday and told me that the way I had the rear of the machine strapped to trailer through that warning light!. he reset it and said everything is fine. Im not a mechanic but want to say im pretty mechanically incline. but this just does not make any sense to me. The strap went from one side of the trailer, up through both tie down hooks or D-rings on the jet ski and back down to the other side of the trailer (one Strap). Anyone else have this issue? I feel like this service tech is just feeding me a line because he doesn't know or just wants a easy 125 bucks for diagnostic. oh, and the strap was no way in contact with the impeller housing or even in front of it.

I call BS on that explanation.........

If the boat was in some type of incline that was limiting water flow because of poor pressure from your garden hose and it over-heated, I could buy that but not the way it was strapped to the trailer.... unless of course you had the boat strapped to the trailer upside down! :p

Back