• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warranties

Staubitz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm happy to report I pick up my new 195S next week after I get all my various accessories installed. (Thank you to all the posts on accessories, this was a BIG help.)I'm curious to thoughts on the various extended warranties offered i.e. 48 month YES program for $2K and the electronic warranty for 8 years for $1,800. Is it really worth it?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm happy to report I pick up my new 195S next week after I get all my various accessories installed. (Thank you to all the posts on accessories, this was a BIG help.)I'm curious to thoughts on the various extended warranties offered i.e. 48 month YES program for $2K and the electronic warranty for 8 years for $1,800. Is it really worth it?
I purchased the YES warranty but they never offered the electronics warrsnty. I’m still under the base warranty so can’t speak to the warranty yet. My concern is the warrany is only as good as the dealer you take it too, and actually getting in the shop in a timely manner.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Never heard of the electronics warranty. I wonder if that is something your specific dealer offers; I don't think that's something through Yamaha.

As to your question...is it really worth it? Statistically, of course not. Warranties are never worth it for the consumer over the long run.

One thing to consider: you have a full year to decide if you want to purchase the Yamaha YES extended warranty. You don't have to purchase it at time of sale (only caveat is that if you purchase it later you'd just have to pay out of pocket at that time instead of the potential option to roll it into your payment if you're going that route). I decided not to purchase at time of sale and will see if any recurring problems pop up with my boat before the one year mark that make me want to invest in it--so far, no issues.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Staubitz I didn't purchase mine with the boat. They started sending me emails after about 6 months to extend the warranty. about two months ago they offered me a a discounted rate and I extended mine for 3 years. My one year anniversary is next week.

NOTE: they allow you to extend the warranty and you can make payments over 4 months as well.

Staubitz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Never heard of the electronics warranty. I wonder if that is something your specific dealer offers; I don't think that's something through Yamaha.

As to your question...is it really worth it? Statistically, of course not. Warranties are never worth it for the consumer over the long run.

One thing to consider: you have a full year to decide if you want to purchase the Yamaha YES extended warranty. You don't have to purchase it at time of sale (only caveat is that if you purchase it later you'd just have to pay out of pocket at that time instead of the potential option to roll it into your payment if you're going that route). I decided not to purchase at time of sale and will see if any recurring problems pop up with my boat before the one year mark that make me want to invest in it--so far, no issues.
Thank you for the perspective. The "Accessory Component" aka electronic warranty is through Trophy Fishing. I wasn't aware that I could purchase the YES warranty later.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thank you for the perspective. The "Accessory Component" aka electronic warranty is through Trophy Fishing. I wasn't aware that I could purchase the YES warranty later.
That electronics warranty is only good if Trophy Fishing is familiar with the Enovation/Connext systems etc.

bigd1634

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I recently took ownership of a 2021 195S and I was hesitant on the warranty's. In the end I took both the extended YES and the electronics. My biggest concern was the supercharger and the connext screen. Minor issues with the motor can be taken care of out of pocket to avoid any deductibles but if the supercharger or connext screen go, that is easily a $2K plus repair that I do not want to front the bill for. Some people also take the money that you would put towards the warranty and put it aside(if you can) incase you need it for a large repair.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@Staubitz I didn't purchase mine with the boat. They started sending me emails after about 6 months to extend the warranty. about two months ago they offered me a a discounted rate and I extended mine for 3 years. My one year anniversary is next week.

NOTE: they allow you to extend the warranty and you can make payments over 4 months as well.
I hope they honor your warranty after all those mods you have done. They won’t even recognize it! LOL....You remind me of a cartoon I watched when I was younger..”Inspector Gadget”..🤣

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ended up getting YES right about at the 12 month deadline. For us, it was about peace of mind.