• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

water cooling cooling system

Jmuir

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have a 2001 LS2000, Im sure I know the answer but just want to know.. When cruising water comes out of the side of the boat to cool the motors but when im in the no wake zones idling no water comes out of the holes.. With that does that mean my motors are subject to overheating and causing damage? Is this normal that at idle water is not coming out or should water always be coming out even at idle? If so what could be wrong or adjusted?

Hope someone knows thanks.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At idle, I do not get any water out and that isn't a problem. Make sure when you accelerate 2K+ RPM, you get a good stream.

I wasn't getting a stream just recently on one pisser hold so I pulled off the tubes where they join to the exhaust and blew compressed air through them. Found a decent clog

Jmuir

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
At idle, I do not get any water out and that isn't a problem. Make sure when you accelerate 2K+ RPM, you get a good stream.

I wasn't getting a stream just recently on one pisser hold so I pulled off the tubes where they join to the exhaust and blew compressed air through them. Found a decent clog
Yes when giving it pep water comes out, But curious how you can idle for awhile with no water coming out wont damage the motor? Isnt it how it keeps it cool?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isnt it how it keeps it cool?
No - that is only some of the additional water around the chamber that keeps it cool. The majority of the water at idle circulates through the engine, to the exhaust chamber, and out the exhaust.

If you have not installed water strainers, which filter the cooling water at intake, seriously consider it. This will keep debris out of your cooling system and it is a great preventative measure. I bought mine from island racing and you will see others have even made them themselves.