• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in Aft Storage

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not sure about the 2018's ... My 2015 = battery switch off = no light at the bilge switch = no bilge pump and that's how I keep it stored. If the OP's boat has a bilge that runs even with battery switch is off then I think he needs to dig deeper as to the cause and worry about battery drain if he's not using boat often. I would start with cup holders, fix them and go from there.
Yes it's different in 2018 models. And it's confusing because they didn't bother to update the user's manual.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm still trying to figure out where I have water coming in onon t aft starboard compartment on my 2018 SX195. It is only on the starboard side and only on the bottom of the carpet with it being more wet in the rear.

My bilge on the swim platform is always clean and clear and my pump has never needed to kick on. No water in ski locker or engine compartment.

I originally thought it might be the cleats/rub rails but given it is only the floor of the carpet in that comparment that is wet I'm less likely to believe it.

Currently I think it may be the rear cupholders on the swim platform going into the bilge and then getting under the carpet in the compartment. When I flood the cup holder it flows right into the bilge and the interior cupholders do not get wet enough to cause the moisture I have. I have poked around a bit inside the transom/bilge from the twist ports near the clean out ports.

Any thoughts on where else to look or check? Rather try to find an issue on my own before I give it to the dealer to try and locate it at the end of the season.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The only time I’ve notice water in the aft compartments is when I have taken a wave over the bow. It gets in the forward compartments and then runs to the aft compartments and pools in the back.

Have you checked your pisser connections to see if they leak? Maybe also check the connection to the flush valve? I believe if the rub rails are leaking you would see that back in the aft by the cleanout plug bilge area.