• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water In Battery Hold

JESFromASC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll do my best to keep this short but ---

2021 SX 195 kept at a marina in a COVERED slip.
Yes, maybe the roof leaks a little, like a drip here and there, maybe.
Yes, a foot of the swim platform is exposed and under the roof edge.
But why is my battery hold area ALWAYS soaking, wringing wet?
Where on Earth can that water be getting in?
I just sucked about 1.5 gallons of water out of the carpeting!

And speaking of such things:
I have it out of the water and getting ready for winter storage.
With the main drain plugs OUT and the gear locker DRY when the boat is tipped up as far as the jack allows I sucked out literally a few gallons of water from a low spot near and just ahead of the drain plug on the right facing ahead. This is through the white access panel to the right of the pump well clean out under the rear access cover.
Does this boat have a hidden ballast tank or something?

Thoughts?
Thanks

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to tip mine up as far as possible with the jack as well, but found out it actually accumulated more water in the battery storage also. My only guess is that when water accumulates in the seat canal where seat cushion goes it starts to drip inside from overflow. I no longer extend the jack while trailer is parked, leaving it leveled has helped.

JESFromASC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks - Yep that is also my "best guess" on how it gets in. Figure on getting a custom tarp for covering up her behind and see if that helps. Will keep off some of the bird and spider poop too. If we lived even 300 miles further south I wouldn't need to worry about it much but will still get extended below freezing temperatures sometimes and don't want to be asking for trouble.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My problem exactly but I traced mine to that horribly placed flush valve opening (2017 SX190) which is located Starboard stern side seat which leaks into the seat rail or on the seat and then down into the seat rail and overflows into the hold. Moving that location is one of my next projects.