• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in bildge 2016 Sx190

Racerx805

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just got a 2016 SX190 before memorial day. So far I love the this boat. Decent power. Will pull a 260lb wakeboarder with 4 adults on board. Easily towable behind my Sienna van. I have added new speakers + the lower swim platform pad+ dual battery setup+ stolz roller.

My 6th time at the lake I am noticed my bildge pump spitting a good amount of water. All plugs installed, 2 on rear/ ski locker/ engine compartment/ gas compartment. No water except for engine compartment. Can you advise of possible places the water is coming from? Before this trip I never had water in the the engine compartment.

Thank you

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the pipe/rubber tube leading to cleanout plugs. It has a clamp around it on top where it attaches to the swim platform compartment plastic deck/floor. If that is loose, water coming up on top of the cleanout plug (normal) will seep into the bilge.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agree with @swatski . Also if you are coming off plane real fast water can sometimes rush over the swim platform and into the cleanout hatch area. That area is known for not being fully sealed and if water gets through it goes to the bilge area.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm just seeing this, but thought I'd throw in what I found. @haknslash is right Yamaha did a crap job of sealing things on the back. I too had a lot of bilge activity. I took out the large access tray to troubleshoot another issue and found the crappy seal. Since then I have silicone sealed the large hatch cover, the two smaller access holes, I removed the cup holders and sealed them where they meet the hull and I even silicon sealed the drain for the bottom of the cup holders. Now my boat is pretty damn dry. Last time I was out I watched the two rear cup holders after I sealed the drain and where the cup holder meets the hull I was amazed how fast they filled with water when coming off plain fast and with kids playing back there.