• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in Oil

Don Keebles

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have a yamaha 2017 FX SHO, riding one day and thought I heard a slight bang - took back to lift. Checked oil and it has water in it, not in hull but in the engine oil. Ski seemed to idle OK. I did a compression and leak down and cylinder 3 is acting up. A mechanic said it could be the exhaust valve sticking but that doesn't explain the noise I heard. I am considering hooking up to the water and letting idle for a while after putting new oil in. Other than that I don't know what to do, either send to a dealer or replacing the engine. I can get an SBT engine for about 4k I think - tryig to also find out if I need special tools or if it's a relatively easy procedure. Any suggestions to pin the problem down?