• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in your ski locker?

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After a relaxing day to the beach with just me and my wife, I returned in fairly calm condictions. While washing the boat down I happen to just look in the ski locker to find a little water, really strange I thought, it hadn't even been opened while out and we certainly didn't bring any water into the boat with us.
Thinking about it, there was another job I needed to do to help Yamaha complete the manufacturing of my boat. Yes, found the culprit :).

IMG_2925.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG

Now I know there have been a few threads covering reasons of ski locker water and the unbelievable anchor drain hole abomination but I was astonished how much water actually came in via this "hole in my boat"
While at anchor on the beach we had a good chop coming head on, so the boat was rising and falling and the said hole was being submerged, so letting water into the anchor locker but after realising I'd found the Cause of water in my ski locker, I filled the anchor locker with water, like I do after every outing to wash the anchor rope, I looked into the ski locker to see water running down from the front of the boat.

Not sure about everyone else but I'm getting a little fed up with having to finish the build of my sieve which Yamaha try to pass off as a boat.

Subsequently, I have definitely noticed a substantial drop in the amount of water that drains from my boat after each use.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After a relaxing day to the beach with just me and my wife, I returned in fairly calm condictions. While washing the boat down I happen to just look in the ski locker to find a little water, really strange I thought, it hadn't even been opened while out and we certainly didn't bring any water into the boat with us.
Thinking about it, there was another job I needed to do to help Yamaha complete the manufacturing of my boat. Yes, found the culprit :).

View attachment 55667
View attachment 55668

Now I know there have been a few threads covering reasons of ski locker water and the unbelievable anchor drain hole abomination but I was astonished how much water actually came in via this "hole in my boat"
While at anchor on the beach we had a good chop coming head on, so the boat was rising and falling and the said hole was being submerged, so letting water into the anchor locker but after realising I'd found the Cause of water in my ski locker, I filled the anchor locker with water, like I do after every outing to wash the anchor rope, I looked into the ski locker to see water running down from the front of the boat.

Not sure about everyone else but I'm getting a little fed up with having to finish the build of my sieve which Yamaha try to pass off as a boat.

Subsequently, I have definitely noticed a substantial drop in the amount of water that drains from my boat after each use.
Yep. That is horrible.
Good news though, it is an easy fix, as much as it is a pathetic QC issue.

--