• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water not draining from Head Compartment

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2018 242 Limited SE, We use the head compartment for storage (no 💩ing on the boat). Either way, we noticed after placing some chairs in there, that the water which comes off the chairs doesnt depart that area. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Also does anyone know whats under that area, I was considering drilling a small hole and running a tube into the ski locker (similar to the cup holder set up) and allowing the water to drain that way.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No drain on mine either, and I've considered how I could add a small tube to connect to the ski locker. We have a head in there, and although there's never been a mess I still wash it down when I clean the boat interior. Annoying having to towel dry it out every time. Always a risky proposition drilling downward in a boat, lol.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Typically there is no drain in that area. That's been one area we've always deemed as a "Dry area" on the boat - please don't put anything wet in there and if you have something you need to keep dry...feel free to use that space.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Typically there is no drain in that area. That's been one area we've always deemed as a "Dry area" on the boat - please don't put anything wet in there and if you have something you need to keep dry...feel free to use that space.
So what happens if someone fails to make the distance, or their aim isnt as good as they expected when underway? Do you not wash it down?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For the guys, we use a 32ox gatorade bottle and for the women on board, there are places we can stop off at the lake to be used. We also have a 5-gallon bucket (with a lid) on board that can be used in an emergency. The rule though is "You fill it, you clean it". My general recommendation though is a completely new 5-gallon bucket is CHEAP!

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We got a Camco bucket with bags for most uses. Issue has to do with running the bay and attempting to stop for any length of time... 2 ft swells arent fun in an enclosed space designed for 6 year old kids. But outside of toilet time. It was surprising not to have some sort of drain hole in that area to get any liquid out.

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just realized this. Had rinsed down in there last week. Noticed today there was still some water in the bottom and no drain holes. Did anyone put in that drain to the ski locker? Just doesn't make sense to not have a drain

Last edited:

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just a guess, but if its used as a "head" the powers that be do not want the waste to be able to make it to the water you are boating on.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So what happens if someone fails to make the distance, or their aim isnt as good as they expected when underway? Do you not wash it down?
That should be dry storage area. If you need to wash it down and clean it, I would suggest using a wetvac to suck the water back out and dry with towel afterwards. Would not recommend drilling there.