• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water out intake grate

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting my boat ready for the year. Ran both engines on the hose, 1 at a time. When I turned off the water and shut down the engine water was pouring out the intake grate on both. Is that normal? I honestly do not remember that before. I revved them to blow out the water but it was still coming out the grate afterward for a bit.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting my boat ready for the year. Ran both engines on the hose, 1 at a time. When I turned off the water and shut down the engine water was pouring out the intake grate on both. Is that normal? I honestly do not remember that before. I revved them to blow out the water but it was still coming out the grate afterward for a bit.
No worries, that is completely normal - water pouring out both sides of the pump - it'll keep dripping for a while even if you rev the engines to blow it out.

--

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries, that is completely normal - water pouring out both sides of the pump - it'll keep dripping for a while even if you rev the engines to blow it out.

--
Thanks. Thats what I figured.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to have to ask for more details on this one,

Was this water that spilled over from the cleanout tray into the cleanout tubes and out the intake grate on the bottom of the boat? That's very understandable.

@buckbuck @swatski is this water from the hose going in reverse exiting the intake screen at the nozzle and then flowing forward out the bottom? and if it was bow up then the remaining cooling water could gravity feed out the strainer?? (I've never thought of this before)

Hellacool, if you haven't yet you should look in the FAQ for a video about "how the cooling water flows thru the engine" it was made by Buck and is a good one,

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to have to ask for more details on this one,

Was this water that spilled over from the cleanout tray into the cleanout tubes and out the intake grate on the bottom of the boat? That's very understandable.

@buckbuck @swatski is this water from the hose going in reverse exiting the intake screen at the nozzle and then flowing forward out the bottom? and if it was bow up then the remaining cooling water could gravity feed out the strainer?? (I've never thought of this before)

Hellacool, if you haven't yet you should look in the FAQ for a video about "how the cooling water flows thru the engine" it was made by Buck and is a good one,
One thing I didnt mention I had the front of the trailer all the way down bow down not bow up as usual.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water does back flow/flush the strainer when running on the hose. Sounds normal to me.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds normal to me.