• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water Temp reading on Medallion ??

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
With the weather turning colder at nights, our lake is starting to get chilly. Last weekend while out, and going through a no wake area, I asked my wife to take the steering wheel so I could reach my hand over the side to gauge the water temperature. This was after she watched me drive around and look at my navigation maps, fuel consumption averages and play with the Eco drive setting. Her response was " your fancy computer screen does all that, but doesn't tell you how cold the water is?"

I am almost 99% sure the Medallion on the Chaparrals does not give water temperature. But, just for that 1% chance I am missing something, thought I would ask if anyone else knows different.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With a brand new boat outfitted the way it is I would be surprised if it didn't come with a water temp function. Is there anything in the manual on this? Maybe someone has done a review on the system and posted it to you tube.

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don't think it does.... will check this weekend but pretty sure it does not. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up the bluetooth.

Scott Potter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I was able to get Bluetooth set up and working great with my iPhone. One thing I was thinking about was how to tell engine hours. I'm guessing that is in there somewhere?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Engine hours- Press just above the fuel level indicator ( going from memory- I think it is a gas pump icon) That pulls up a screen with engine hours, avg and current mpg and a few other things.

For the Bluetooth you need to set it up from the radio control at the passenger seat. I have a Polk manual on our radios I will share later. It's on my work pc.

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip... Will try my new navi chip and try to set up Bluetooth. I thought it was done from the main display. And correct on the engine hours.... The fuel icon shows hours, avg and max speeds, and other data. Hopeful to have a few more nice weeks of weather. They lower the lake level in about a month so I'll put in storage then regardless. Sorry to see summer end... I have really learned to love and appreciate this boat!!

Dan Dawson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
To set up Bluetooth go into Bluetooth mode and hold in the knob for atleast 3 seconds while having your Bluetooth device scanning.