• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water UNDERNEATH Ski Locker DRAIN.....SX 190

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey JBers..... hoping some experience can help me out here.....

So took my 2016 SX190 out to a perch derby...... blah blah blah......no issues, no bilge came on, no rain, no accumulation of water - as we were fishing....

Came home and flushed the engine with fresh water, (engine/water - water/engine), drained engine of remaining water with revs for 15-20 secs......... took out the single aft plug, both engine plugs, ski locker and fuel plug. Cleaned out normal gunk from the anchor locker (dissolvable) and hosed the anchor locker with fresh water which drains into the ski - then fuel - then engine compartment..... I think !!!

Tilted the trailer as high as it could go to drain all water.

I completely drained, wiped down and soak up all water in the ski locker.
Engine compartment had about 5-6 cups of water at bilge area. So I soaked that up.
Fuel comp had about 4-5 cups of water that wouldnt drain so I soaked that up as well.

Bilge worked fine on multiple occasions as I cleaned the interior hard fiberglass flooring.....
I even forced high(ish) pressure hose water into anchor comp and ski locker thinking maybe some left over gunk.....

Heres the issue as I see it.....I come home today after work and found water in the ski locker area (no rain - boat in driveway)
Another 5 - 6 cups off water in the engine compartment. Did not check the fuel comp.....

I dont get it...... Id very much appreciate being led down the path on this one....

Thanx M8tys

TiMaH

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you lower the trailer back down after raising it to drain? If so since the bilge is in the front of the engine so it's possible you tilted it up high enough for some of the water to come out but when you lowered it the remaining eventually found its way back to the ski locker.

5-6 cups doesn't sound like a lot. I know when I wash mine I'll have several gallons that will drain from my interior washing. I bet you had more in there than you thought and it just found its way back in the ski locker. That or you have a boating neighbor playing a great prank on you lol

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the same thing this weekend, except I pulled up on the driveway with the rear of the boat significantly downhill. This morning as I was covering (taking it in for break-in service) there were a few cups in the ski locker again. I suspect what you have is normal, and to be somewhat expected with all the nooks and crannies back there in the back of the hull. I soaked my mess up with a towel, and called it good.

I have to keep telling myself, it's a boat, it's designed to get wet.....:D

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I just took my oil extractor and sucked out 12 liters OR 3.2 Gals of water out of the ski locker drain plug......water wasnt IN the locker - it was under the locker....
I dont get it......tilted boat ALL plugs removed. Yes I tilted the boat back to pretty much level

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the boat was level chances are it was just water working its way back. If you hosed the interior of your boat you're going to have a lot more than just 5-6 cups but rather gallons. When I wash my boat real good and get the inside I will tilt the trailer real high and open the two rear drain plugs along with opening all interior plugs and just let everything empty out of the bilge/hull.

xedelatorre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had the same problem on my 2015 ar192, it had been only 24 hrs in the water and the next day I come to find the ski locker compartment flooded half way up!! Come to find out that the seal around the plug base was no sealed properly so the dealership had to re-seal the base. I still dont understand why there was water beneath the ski locker compartment under the drain plug ...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I still dont understand why there was water beneath the ski locker compartment under the drain plug ...
Because these boats are constructed of two halves (a top deck and a bottom hull). Think of the deck/compartment drains as they simply allow water to flow out of the top and into the bottom hull, eventually making their way to the bilge at the stern of the boat.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
With the only bilge pump on the 242's being in the engine compartment, the only way to get water out of the bilge is to pull the stern plug. It seems that they would have two pumps one in the engine compartment and one in the bilge.