• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waverunner 3 project something to pass the time

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're in a crowd that appreciates good craftsmanship.

I think it's especially true for those of us that are a little more "handy." We know what it takes to get an outcome like you did. You have a high expectation of yourself and your work (sometimes to the point of stressing over it) and you refuse to accept less than perfect (even though you see 100 flaws in the job that no one else will ever notice).
Thanks for that i do admit if I'm not happy with the job or it doesn't turn out pleasing on the eye it does bother me, I spend many hours at night before i go to bed with a pen and pad sketching what i imagine the final result should be, Sometimes it works and sometimes as the job progresses i maybe change my mind as another idea pops into my head and maybe change colour or like i did with the seat on the Jetski match the colour of the seat to the side rubbing strip, It's sometimes only small details that changes the whole outlook of a project, I thought the stainless grab rail worked as it was an idea only confirmed after i looked in the scrap bin to see if there was enough stainless in there to do the job and i noticed that the original didn't really help boarding from the rear and also it shouldn't hinder the removal of the seat, Pleased you like it and many thanks stay safe.